Jess Karlin is dead!

gregory

cherryberry said:
oh, I never even heard of him and googled him now, read some of the stuff. It didnt seem that bad. Why all the 'love' here for him? ;)
The really vile stuff has been taken down - he used to have a whole site by his name - now it goes to a reading site which is for sale, I think; you can get to it (why would anyone want to) with many of the links on his blog. He trolled forums just to be unpleasant and snotty, and insulted everyone in them just to try and stir things. "He" really "was" a nasty bit of work.

Those of us who were "lucky" enough to interact with him will not mourn him. Those who can see only his blog may do so if they like....

Reverie

Who was Jess Karlin?

gregory

An alias of Glenn Wright, who writes for examiner.com. Glenn himself lives on and I am sure is making hay being thoroughly vile in other places. I find it hard to believe someone who can be like that in one field is any nicer in another.

Richard

cutiecutie said:
Who was Jess Karlin?
He was just a Tarot troll. I love questions like this. It means that JK fell far short of the notariety for which he was striving.

gregory

LRichard said:
He was just a Tarot troll. I love questions like this. It means that JK fell far short of the notoriety for which he was striving.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice one :D

cherryberry

LRichard said:
The problem is not his views on Tarot but his verbal abuse of other people on forums such as alt.tarot.

ahhh! Verbal online abuse - uncalled for, so sounds like it is a good thing he is 'gone'

cherryberry

gregory said:
The really vile stuff has been taken down - he used to have a whole site by his name - now it goes to a reading site which is for sale, I think; you can get to it (why would anyone want to) with many of the links on his blog. He trolled forums just to be unpleasant and snotty, and insulted everyone in them just to try and stir things. "He" really "was" a nasty bit of work.

Those of us who were "lucky" enough to interact with him will not mourn him. Those who can see only his blog may do so if they like....

odd, isnt it - insulting from a keyboard ;) it's both the blessing and curse of the web, very very helpful people out there who are just willing to help and others....who do the opposite.

WalesWoman

gregory said:

JK... had a real talent for being abusive, insulting and down right nasty.
Didn't know he went by other pen names. The passing of JK is a surprise, but am not heart broken by any means... had almost managed to forget he even existed. I wonder if he closed is facebook page? Then again... who freaking cares... may the dead stay dead.

gregory

I'm just waiting to see if he decides to resurrect this particular persona... Or does the guy know no-one cares - did he finally get bored ? (Of course, he will be reading this. He always liked to read threads here... and then blast posters elsewhere !)