Jess Karlin is dead!

uwe

Me and Jess had some serious disagreement(S!!!) some years back. I was looking for his soul...it had to be there somewhere, but all I found was a void. I hope I was wrong.

gregory

Well, several of his many personae still exist, so you can keep looking !

(I believe I recall some of your.... ;))

nicky

I could never understand why he was suck a dick - his tarot writings were interesting if you could read around the venom...

gregory

nicky said:
I could never understand why he was suck a dick
Nicky dear - I DO hope that is a typo. Though it seems somehow appropriate just the same.... :laugh:

nicky

gregory said:
Nicky dear - I DO hope that is a typo. Though it seems somehow appropriate just the same.... :laugh:

ROLFMFAO - Freudian typo hahaa

Sumada

Rhapsodies of the Bizzare

Oh dear, R.I.P. JK

I was actually a bit sad to hear about this. Sure, he has certainly been viciously satirical at times; (his ficticious map of Tarot land, for example, was an absolute scream I thought!), but as Abrac stated above - "...he also offered some genuinely important insights and information for those willing to ignore his venom."

I for one will always appreciate his book 'Rhapsodies of the Bizzare', a translation of the Gebelin/de Mellet tarot essays, (which really should be compulsory reading for any one truly interested in the history of esoteric tarot), which is available here -
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/rhapsodies-of-the-bizarre/763450

I really do recommend it, and the only slightly "venom"-ish stuff is in the introduction, which of course one can ignore!

Sidhe-Ra

What a lot of toss. So the person who was full of bull hooey is actually called something else? Same toss, just even more cowardly than I thought.

Sidhe-Ra

bodhran said:
Glad I DIDN'T know him...

Wow, he must not get out much. Sounds like he must live in his mom's basement, hunkered over the computer all day and night...

Precisely the mental image I have of him. A turd by any other name would smell as foul.

Chronata

ah yes. The one who took tarot trolling to new heights.

I am so not surprised that it was a pen name.

I did actually like some of his essays...once you got past the bile.

Anna

It does make sense I suppose.... but how strange that he would just announce it like that, after all this time. Perhaps, as gregory says, he just got bored.

He was a damn good tarot reader though, whoever he is.