The Tower and Hermit ?

samantha

This was part of a larger spread using the Golden Tarot. I drew the Tower in the what is unknown about the situation. Not being sure of it's meaning there I asked " what do you mean by the Tower ?" and pulled the Hermit as clarifier.

Still not sure!

Does this suggest that a personal , but flawed, philosophy is about to undergo a major shake up ? Or a period of introspection/ time out is set to come to an end ? Or is the Hermit card asking me to go away and figure out what the Tower card means ? :)

Edit: Or that something in the querants life which is on shaky ground will be, or needs to be brought out into the open and examined ?

All ideas most welcome :)

Thirteen

Shedding Light

The Tower has its lightning blot, and the Hermit his lantern. Both shed light on a situation that is otherwise in the dark. The Tower is more sudden, a surprise a shock, the Hermit is more deliberate, shoving that lantern forward, but the Hermit can be equally surprised by what he sees, just more thoughtful about it, less blinded and shaken up.

I think you're going to be shedding some light on something and finding out a truth you didn't know existed.

starrystarrynight

...or that some major breakthrough or enlightenment is going to lead to a period of introspection. Sort of a "wow, I didn't see that coming!" with the resulting, "why DID that happen to me?"

WalesWoman

Towers can break down things you long believed true, the Hermit may mean it's enlightenment, a lesson you really need to learn... since they both shed light in the darkness.

Liga

Personal experience with the Tower and Hermit

I usually do a spread for myself for the week ahead to get an insight on the energy background. And recently I pulled a Tower card. I then pulled a clarifier card with it and I got a Hermit reversed.

I consulted this forum beforehand, just to see what other people thought this might mean. And now, when the situation actually developed itself, I can give you my personal feedback on the matter.

The situation I was in, showed that the Tower was very straight forward- an unexpected situation happened that shook all my plans out of place. At the same time, The Hermit enlightened a solution to the problem. But since it was reversed, this was not me who was looking and finding a solution. I was a mere participant in the chaos, but it was others who found a solution for me. So basically, yes there was a break-down, but I was guided through it by somebody elses advice and solution.

It was very interesting to observe these two cards in action. Hope this gives you an additional opinion!

barefootlife

I tend to agree with the other assessments here - Tower indicates a big, big shakeup. The Hermit might indicate that the best way to deal with the Tower situation is to take a step back and self-reflect to find the best path out of moving on from there.