"Original" Golden Dawn Materials (split from Holistic Tarot - Benebell Wen)

Zephyros

Of course, it is always possible to reinvent the wheel from the original Cypher Manuscripts ;)

kwaw

Don't have permission to reproduce it here -- but some tarot material I hadn't seen before, c. 1890, has recently been posted on the f/b golden dawn group.

Teheuti

Don't have permission to reproduce it here -- but some tarot material I hadn't seen before, c. 1890, has recently been posted on the f/b golden dawn group.
Which f/b gd group? There are several.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Linking to Facebook Groups isn't allowed per the No Advertising or Self-Promotion section of the Forum Rules. Folks are free to exchange such info through PM though.

Bridget

I have personally seen and handled several of the original GD notebooks (for instance - the paper transcribed on my blog above), and I have an original deck from the Felkins' New Zealand order. The Majors only can be seen here. I don't know why they never posted the Minors (a few of which can be seen on my blog post): http://hermetic.com/gdlibrary/tarot/whare_ra/tarot1.html .
I felt like I'd seen some of these cards before, and then realized at the Lovers that I was thinking of Robert Wang's deck from Qabalistic Tarot. The Hanged Man really reminded me of that deck as well. For me it underlines how much Waite and Crowley broke with GD tradition, even though both of their decks are so influenced by it.

Thanks for all these links, Mary. I hope soon I can look through them all.

Teheuti

These examples by Mathers, which are not included with many of the Book T texts, are invaluable.

I suggest laying out the cards using a 19th century continental deck (IJJ; Marseille, Italian, etc.) and really examining what Mathers is doing. His method of reading is fairly mechanical compared to modern, 'symbolic' techniques, but it has a strict logic and works quite well once you get what's going on.