Is There a Companion Book For...

rwcarter

Regarding the Aquarian Tarot books we've mentioned, I think it's worth pointing out that they all reflect their authors' personal views about what's on the cards, and not the artist's. I haven't read the Painting the Soul book, but it seems like, again, it's not Palladini's personal interpretations but his co-author's.
In the "NOTES ON CARD INTERPRETATIONS" section of the book, it says this:
The page for each card features a summary of the card, which includes David's story of the art and his thoughts on the card's meaning.

The longer analysis of each card is written by Anastasia....
So that amounts to the italicized text next to each image being David's and the longer plain text sections coming from Anastasia.

Rodney

Lee

So that amounts to the italicized text next to each image being David's and the longer plain text sections coming from Anastasia.
Good to know, thanks Rodney. In that case, to apply my previously-stated logic, those looking for the most "official" book for the Aquarian should certainly check out Palladini's book.

Laura Borealis

I think I may have heard of the Deviant Moon one. Is it only available in hardcover?

I think so. Having handled it in hardcover, I definitely want it in that format too. I don't think a softcover would have the same effect. It's really a beautifully done book.

garmonbozia

Take a look at the Forum Index. There's a whole section on Companion Books....

Rodney

Thanks for that, Rodney. I didn't know that list existed either!

What does "decks used to illustrate books" mean?

garmonbozia

Thanks for that, Rodney. I didn't know that list existed either!
What does "decks used to illustrate books" mean?

Nevermind, I think I got it now, lol.
Decks that were used as illustrations in general tarot books. right?

BreathingSince72

Shadowscapes does have a companion book. The writing is the type from which one can drink deeply.