Two of cups when it comes to yourself

Hitch

What does this card represent in terms of a person's growth?

Is it finally finding the balance between the masculine and feminine and being whole on your own?

Have you had it come up for anything else in regards to individuality?

barefootlife

If the card comes up in a 'self' sort of position, I would say that either you need to work on cultivating deeper bonds with others, or that this is a gentler, friendlier way to say that it's time for some self examination, 'washing away' the things that are holding you back from feeling like a complete person, and uniting modes of thought that may be divided. There's probably something you really don't like about yourself, and it's time to make peace with that aspect of you. Time for some self-love, and not in the wink-wink-nudge-nudge way.

Maru

Sometimes I see this as people who sugarcoat things (when they are actually quite complex and varied in their actual opinions), so they withdraw their personality from the situation just to "get on" with those around them. They can't just be upfront, themselves. They worry too much about face-to-face greetings and making sure that all their interactions are positive and won't be misconstrued.

It depends on how the other cards are aspected, but could be someone who is conforming too much to the female roles aspected of her (if the querent is female)... with male, sometimes I see this as them expecting too much that the other party will take the more feminized role in relationships. So a man who places too much emphasis on being the "bigger one", he may expect that people should feel compelled to work with him... or else "it's their loss".

In career, with females this could mean they expect work will come too easy. Especially if they're a freelancer/contractor. With males, it may be that they expect just because they meet every boss face to face and drop resumes everywhere, they will land a job just by sheer statistics... both want to maybe take a second look to see if they actually have the skills for the positions/jobs they are trying to pick up. They assume too much, that they're attractive enough on paper to just need to get that all important handshake to get through the door... that the rest is cake. Someone may take them up on their lack of experience too if it's someone on the young side and take advantage of them... so say a client who promises the moon and stars, or a shop owner who catches them at a vulnerable moment and hires them... but then puts them through the ringer, low pay, high hours, too many responsibilities for the effort, and poor feedback (overcritical boss) to add to that... that I think falls in line with the type of individuals who expect to have to sugarcoat and also expect life to be sugarcoated for them as well. Not everyone is as sweet as their facade.