Feng shui spread - also my own creation!

arachnophobia

(1) Lay out 9 cards in a 3x3 grid.

(2) Imagine this grid superimposed on the floorplan of the house/flat/room in question.

(3) Locate main entrance on the bottom row, either left, right or middle: this will set the overall "tone" of the dwelling, according to the positions outlined below.

(4) Grid-positions:
Bottom left: knowledge/study/meditation area - look for earth, or quiet scenes of mountains or gardens, Buddhas etc. If earth seems lacking here, enhance with either a stone Buddha, Chinese lantern, rock garden etc. Ideally, you should find a library/bookcase here, or a quiet meditation focus, or at least something associated with current studies.

Bottom centre: career/forward progress - water. If water seems lacking, enhance with black or dark blue, pictures of water, or preferably a water feature (fountain or goldfish bowl, preferably containing one "lucky" black fish!).

Bottom right: friends, helpful and inspirational influences, travel - metal. If metal or travel vehicles seem lacking, enhance with black and white, and/or pictures of saints or inspirational figures, preferably in black and white! (If you have a yen to travel, the Wheel of Fortune, Chariot or a Buddhist mandala could work well here!)

Middle left: health/family - wood. If plants, trees and the colour green seem lacking, enhance with these. Artificial plants are OK, if fresh and natural looking. NO CACTI (bad sha!!) - and that goes for anywhere else inside as well. And if you use fresh ones, make sure they get replaced once they die!!

Middle, centre: earth. If this seems lacking, enhance with something yellow/gold and/or squares.

Middle right: children, creativity - metal. If this seems lacking, enhance with pastels, black and white, your own artwork, children's artwork, and/or anything childlike and funny, that makes you laugh or smile!

Top left: abundance, prosperity - water. If this seems lacking ("cash flow" or "liquid assets" problem?), enhance with "lucky" red, symbolic "lucky" coins, pictures of watery figures, etc. If you find the toilet here, keep the lid closed when not in use! (Creative solution to my son's "toilet in the wealth corner" problem: large claw-like hand clutching a red glass globe, with a string of Chinese coinsdraped over it, garnished with a red tassel, i.e. at least these coins will not get flushed away!)

Top middle: reputation/character - fire. If this seems lacking, enhance with the colour red, lively pictures of animals or people (containing the "spark of life") and/or anything coming from live animals, e.g. leather, fur, feathers. A dream-catcher works well here to capture the fire element!

Top right: relationships - metal. Lucky number 2 for "one on one", "you and me", "tete a tete"!. Think matching pairs of anything, candlesticks, chairs, salt and pepper shakers, whatever. Just avoid pictures of anyone looking lonely or "single" in this area, unless that seems what you really want. If you want to remain happily single, at least have a matching pair of cuddly teddy bears to symbolise nice friendships!

(Variation: (5)Note: of course Tarot afficionados could also do this reading for themselves, and, if you find a deficient area, enhance with the Tarot card of your choice in the appropriate area!)

Iona

Nice spread! Nine cards are just a bit too much for me right now, but I really like your idea so I'll write down your spread in my journal and will try it in a near future.
Thanks,
Iona

Iona

Just a question, how do you locate the main entrance in the bottom row?
I understand you decide it in advance, but in regards to your real home entrance?

and I assume the cards are dealt from bottom to top like this, right?