Alchemical Tarot Study Group

Leisa

Bibliography And Recommended Reading

(From the class on the Imagery of the Alchemical Trumps)

Cavalli, Thom F. Ph.D., Alchemical Psychology: Old Recipes for Living in a New World, New York: Jeremy Tarcher, 2002.

Cotnoir, Brian, The Wiser Concise Guide to Alchemy, San Francisco: Wiser Books, 2006.

Eliade, Mircea, The Forge and the Crucible: The Origins and Structures of Alchemy, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1956.

Gilchrist, Cherry, The Elements of Alchemy, Longmead, Dorset, England: Element Books, 1991.

Holmyard, E. J., Alchemy. New York: Dover Publications, 1990. First published 1957.

Jung, Carl G., Aion. From The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, vol. 9, part II. Princeton, N. J. : Princeton University Press, 1959.

___________, Alchemical Studies, From The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, vol. 13. Princeton, N. J. : Princeton University Press, 1967.

___________, The Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious, From The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, vol. 9, part I. Princeton, N. J. : Princeton University Press, 1959.

___________, Mysterium Coniunctionis, From The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, vol. 14. Princeton, N. J. :princeton University Press, 1963.

___________, Psychology and Alchemy, 2nd ed. From The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, vo. 12. Princeton, N. J.: Princeton University Press, 1953.
Klossowski de Rola, Stanislas, The Golden Game: Alchemical Engravings of the Seventh Century, New York: George Braziller, Inc., 1988.

_________________________, Alchemy: The Secret Art, London: Thames and Hudson, 1973.

McLean, Adam. The Alchemical Mandala. Grand Rapid, Mich. : Phanes Press, 1989.

______________, The Rosary of the Philosophers: Magnum Opus Hermetic Sourceworks No. 6, London: Hermetic Research Trust, 1980.

Rulandus, Martinus, translator A.E.Waite, A Lexicon of Alchemy, York Beach, Main: Samuel Wiser Inc., 1984, first published 1612.

Stillman, John Maxson, The Story of Alchemy and Early Chemistry, New York: Dover Publications, 1960. First published 1924 as The Story of Early Chemistry.

Von Franz, Marie-Louise. Alchemy, Toronto: Inner City Books, 1980.

________________, Number and Time. Evanston, Ill. : Northwestern
University Press, 1974.

________________, On Divination and Synchronicity, Toronto: Inner City Books, 1980.

________________, Psyche and Matter, Boston & London: Shambhala Publications, 1992.

Waite, Arthur Edward, translator, The Hermetic Museum, York Beach, Main: Samuel Wiser Inc., 1991.

mac22

Leisa said:
(From the class on the Imagery of the Alchemical Trumps)

Thanks!

Why no books by Dennis William Hauck.... Just curious?

Mac22

coyoteblack

in case any one cares there s a tele class on the alchemical latter tonight around 9 pm est. it will continue next Wednesday .

taniatingel

Thanks for reminder. Would have loved the class but alas, had to work (being on the other side of the world).

Leisa

all cards are up

I'm sure Sulis wants to smack me ....

I've created threads for all of the cards and added the book text to them.

Sulis

Who me? Never })

Well done, that's quite an achievement... I've just got this deck myself so I'm having lots of fun reading through the threads....

I think this is a deck that would be quite easy to read intuitively but it adds to that intuition if you know what all the symbols mean :)
So thanks for this group... I may just start posting myself...

sapienza

Thanks for posting the rest of the cards Leisa. I've been tied up the last week or two with sick children but hopefully soon I'll get the chance to add my thoughts to them.

Thanks also for those web-site links.