Asking for info on Sabian Symbols

Barleywine

I had never heard of zodiac symbols before and I think it's REALLY interesting! The subject of using dice for that kind of divination turned up in a Facebook group too and then I had to go and buy some dice! I got 2 astro-dice (one with planets and one with the zodiac signs) and a 30 sided die.

I looked up the Sabian symbols and like some other people I didn't really like them. Many of them were a big turn off for me.
So I'm currently looking at the other zodiac degrees systems and I'm not a fan of any of them HA!

I might make some comparisons between the few of them that I found the most relevant and either pick the symbol I prefer OR come up with something which seems suitable. That'll probably be a lot of work but I love studying new things! :)

In the meantime, I would probably use my dice in some other way. Like throwing both astro-dice while asking a question and go have a look at the corresponding natal chart meaning (ex. Moon in Leo). That's still 12 × 12 possibilities. (The planet one includes North and South nodes.)

Also while doing some searching I found that it could also be a good idea to use a 12 sided die to represent the houses.
I could try to find one or throw my 30 sided one until I get a number between 1 and 12.

Anyway now I'm steering away from the main subject of the thread!
Thank you Padma for bringing up this topic! :)

I might start another thread related to astro-dice divination!

Someone suggested to me using the Astro-Dice for rough timing: 12-sided for the months and 30-sided for the days. If you roll lower than your current date, just add 12 months and/or 30 days to the roll and move into the same month and day in the following year. It's similar to the technique used when hand-calculating an astrological chart and you get a total above 360 degrees; you just subtract 360 from it to come within the proper range.

On topic, the Sabian Symbols never did anything for me; they're simply too spacey in many cases.

Onaorkal

@Barleywine That's another good idea! I haven't had any luck yet with timing using tarot cards. I might give it a try with the dice! Thanks!

@Padma Yes I sure will! And you're right, dice are not expensive so many people who have an interest could be able to try it without having to break their piggy bank!

@MandMaud I'm pretty sure I can find 12 sided dice at the same store I bought the 3 other ones, I would only use the 30 sided one until I have a chance to go. ;) As for the other systems, there are more than I would have thought, but none seems to have been mentioned on the forum, sadly.
You can look for Goldsmith, Kozminsky, Lonsdale, Charubel, Sepharial/Volasfera and Janduz.
Some of those symbols are easily available online, some are not. We could always start a new thread about zodiac degrees in general and where we could compare and discuss the various systems! :)

Padma

@Zannamarie, thanks for the helpful links, I only spotted your posts last night, when I went back in to retrieve some info and reviewed the whole thread. So sorry for my late response! I am enjoying using Lynda Hill's oracle :)

@CosmicBeing, thanks so much for your helpful links! I was using them last night.

@Rachelcat, that little astro deck is out of this world! Bought it. Love it :) and works great with using 30 of the Lennie cards to make draws.

Thanks everyone, for all the help and info! I am really enjoying using the symbols!