The Circadian Tarot

banbha

A Daily Companion for Divination and Illumination
By Jen Altman, Artwork by Michelle Blade

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/the-circadian-tarot.html

I was wondering if anyone has this tarot in book form and can give an opinion. It looks gorgeous, I would love to see more of the artwork (preferably in card form). It's interesting that they chose a 5" x 7" book format. I wonder why?

Alta

I have it, not something I probably would've purchased myself but received as a gift. There are very few pages at the start, the method for using it is essentially bibliomancy. There is one page for each card, the art is on the right and the card meaning is on the left. It appears to be done in watercolour with much less detail then the cover art but I believe it's by the same person. I have never tried it because as bibliomancy with the cards always in the same order it would be very easy to influence the outcome and you would probably never draw the cards close to the beginning or the end. The art is nice but in no way outstanding.

banbha

doesn't appear to be in deck form. Image search https://www.google.com/search?q=Cir...qkuavSAhVIiFQKHanXDFUQsAQILg&biw=1366&bih=638

The cover image isn't carried through to the actual art in my opinion.
But I've been writing a similar book in blog form for a lot of years.

I didn't even think to do an image search. You're right about the cover art not carrying through which is a shame. With the cover the title make sense, but not the interior content. I don't get circadian rhythms.

I love your blog. It's beautiful, I'm entranced by your language. I started following. :love:

banbha

I have it, not something I probably would've purchased myself but received as a gift. There are very few pages at the start, the method for using it is essentially bibliomancy. There is one page for each card, the art is on the right and the card meaning is on the left. It appears to be done in watercolour with much less detail then the cover art but I believe it's by the same person. I have never tried it because as bibliomancy with the cards always in the same order it would be very easy to influence the outcome and you would probably never draw the cards close to the beginning or the end. The art is nice but in no way outstanding.

Exactly. Bibliomancy with cards seems problematic. Unless you throw it across the room with great force and see what page it falls face down on. :joke:

Babalon Jones

Strange idea, using it for bibliomancy in this way. I see how it could be too easily influenced. Unless one used a random number generator to get a page number :)

banbha

Strange idea, using it for bibliomancy in this way. I see how it could be too easily influenced. Unless one used a random number generator to get a page number :)

That would be the solution. Perhaps a better one than throwing it as well. ;)