US Games Premier edition vs Large edition

Essence of Winter

What is the benefit of the Premier edition? US Games doesn't really make that clear on their website. I have the Large edition in the green box and am very happy with it (I also have the standard edition in the lilac box). Is there any advantage to getting the Premier version? I believe that the Premier doesn't have the three magus cards (which my Large edition also doesn't).

Rose Lalonde

The short answer is big packaging and a Celtic Cross poster.

I got it recently when Book Depository had the premier but not the 'regular' version of the 2-7/8" x 4-3/8". It contains the lavender tuck box you can buy alone (now incl. only the 1 approved Magus, the multi-colored unicursal hexagram, and lwb), plus a poster of the Celtic Cross spread.

(The only reason for its existence seems to be for retailers. As U.S. Games says, "Special larger high profile packaging provides greater display impact, more shelf presence, and less pilferage.")

Essence of Winter

The short answer is big packaging and a Celtic Cross poster.

I got it recently when Book Depository had the premier but not the 'regular' version of the 2-7/8" x 4-3/8". It contains the lavender tuck box you can buy alone (now incl. only the 1 approved Magus, the multi-colored unicursal hexagram, and lwb), plus a poster of the Celtic Cross spread.

(The only reason for its existence seems to be for retailers. As U.S. Games says, "Special larger high profile packaging provides greater display impact, more shelf presence, and less pilferage.")

Okay, thanks for that. I was confused because the size of the cards seem identical to the version I already have.

I realised after I wrote the original post that I got the name wrong, which I edited in my post but was unable to change in the subject line.

I think the large version is essential if you're into the Thoth but the standard version is easier to read with. I'm glad I got both.

Rose Lalonde

It is confusing. At Book Depository, they're currently still showing a picture of the lavender box that says includes 3 Magus cards, and they only give the premier packaging's dimensions instead of the cards'.

I don't have the large edition yet, but you're right; I do need it. Yesterday I was reading about the different crowns on the snakes on the Magus, and it had me squinting with a magnifying glass to try to make them out. :rolleyes: