Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

HallowedNight

Thank you :)

I did some research (ok, searched the forum!) and found that the Tsukineko were mentioned a lot for this.

The pearlescent inks are Tsukineko Dew Drop inks, I got a pack of four - beige, rust, crimson and poppy as it worked out cheaper than buying two.

The lapis lazuli is a Tsukineko Versa Color that I just happened to have already.

I'll definitely have to look for some of those, thank you so much! :D

Padma

Ilweran, those edges look great! If I ever decide to edge, I will order the inks you used. Really swish! :cool:

G6

DruidCraft?

Hey Folks!

I got the DruidCraft to replace my Wildwood that I gave away and I'm trying to decide between borderless and cornered or inner border/no titles/not cornered.

Thoughts?

cSpaceDiva

Hey Folks!

I got the DruidCraft to replace my Wildwood that I gave away and I'm trying to decide between borderless and cornered or inner border/no titles/not cornered.

Thoughts?

Just in case you want to see what it looks like with the inner border.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 186

RavenLuna

Just in case you want to see what it looks like with the inner border.
I trimmed my Druidcraft like that, but I used a 5 mm corner rounder, which didn't take as much off the corners. It's not far off the size of a completely trimmed Druid Animal or Plant Oracle deck, so they look great together. However, I do think the completely trimmed Druidcraft is stunning! Also, the way I did it, the copyright just shows at the top and bottom of the backs. I might have to buy another deck just so I can trim it the other way.

G6

I know it's a real toss up with the no border/rounded corners vs. stone border. I'm thinking I'll leave the stone border/no titles, but not corner it to keep the lines symmetrical just because my Celtic (Davis) is trimmed that way. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Debra

AJ, thank you for keeping these threads for us :heart: Take good care of yourself, you are dear.

AJ

Hey Folks!

Thoughts?

look at the front of the thread, everything that can be done to a druidcraft is there

Debra, thanks for the smile. Not quite that bad yet, but all the round letters do run together now, at regular print size ;)

FLizarraga

AJ, thank you for keeping these threads for us :heart: Take good care of yourself, you are dear.

Yes, and sorry that I haven't been able to start the new one. I have been coming to the forums piecemeal, posting/reading here and there, but haven't had the time to sit down and create the new one. Sorry, darling AJ.... :( :heart:

G6

DruidCraft Borders/No Titles/Edged in Yellow Gold

I decided to go with borders/no titles/not cornered/edged in Bic Yellow Gold Metallic

This deck seems to have a green/yellow cast or maybe those are just the dominant colors? Too much green/yellow for my taste. I think I preferred some of the art in Wildwood, but overall I think DruidCraft is a better general deck. Too bad they couldn't just add people courts to the Wildwood, oh well.

When publishers make these oversized decks that are not user friendly I wish they would at least choose card back designs that would not be impacted if the buyer decides to trim the deck.

PICS...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-19.jpg
    FullSizeRender-19.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 170
  • FullSizeRender-20.jpg
    FullSizeRender-20.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 177