druidcraft 9 of cups

vhrsn

Hi to everyone on here,
I could need your help on the 9 of cups as I could use the description on of theimage what it looks like symbolically! I am blind, so am relying on sighted assistance fromthe AT comunity.
I have brailled my cards (that's how I know what cards are what) and it works very well for me.
Any and all help is welcomed.
All the best,
Veronica

Disa

I am rifling through my new trimmed DruidCraft deck which I just received today and I have seen something in this card I haven never seen before in all the years I have used the regular sized deck. In front of the man there is a tapestry, which I have always seen. But, there appears to be a face in the tapestry, almost the shape of an Alien head? I'm curious about if anyone else sees this and what it might actually be? There seem to be some celtic designs on the tapestry, as well. But it's the face that's really got me stumped.

The 9 of cups card shows a man sitting on the side of a long table. He holds one cup in his hand and the other 8 cups are lined up as though in anticipation for guests to arrive. He is dressed in a deep blue cape and a bright red tunic and gives the impression that he has a fair amount of money. In this particular card, he doesn't appear to be the bartender or shop keeper, but maybe he is hosting an event in his home.

flipperjane

I am rifling through my new trimmed DruidCraft deck which I just received today and I have seen something in this card I haven never seen before in all the years I have used the regular sized deck. In front of the man there is a tapestry, which I have always seen. But, there appears to be a face in the tapestry, almost the shape of an Alien head? I'm curious about if anyone else sees this and what it might actually be? There seem to be some celtic designs on the tapestry, as well. But it's the face that's really got me stumped.

The 9 of cups card shows a man sitting on the side of a long table. He holds one cup in his hand and the other 8 cups are lined up as though in anticipation for guests to arrive. He is dressed in a deep blue cape and a bright red tunic and gives the impression that he has a fair amount of money. In this particular card, he doesn't appear to be the bartender or shop keeper, but maybe he is hosting an event in his home.

I don't know what that face is supposed to be symbolising. The patterns around it are all traditional celtic patterns. I like his lovely timber framed house that he is sitting in and the glorious oak table. He has an air of self satisfaction on his face and is clearly very well fed looking at his bulging tummy.

Is there any signifigance of the fish on the board in front of him - or does it just illustrate good fresh food. He definately looks like he is drinking alone but doesn't appear to mind his own company.

An interesting card that seems very reluctant to show up for me in my readings and so I've not really got the 'feel' of it yet.

edited a few days later - there are also faces in The Lovers - it's a kind of water spout, Death and fferyllt