9 of wands

coyoteblack

78 weeks 9 of wands

Physical description:
An older man carrying one spear with is other arm in a sling stands behind 8 spears guarding a pass. The area is desolate almost desert like there is a fire in the background of the card.

Symbols:
Bandaged older man this man has been fighting for a long time he is hurt but still fighting the good fight
Barren land they are has been ravaged this is all about the fight
Fire in the background It shows the fire in his belly and willpower it takes to maintain this and still keep going.

Element and Number
Fire: Passion and willpower
9: culmination and ending

Golden Dawn References:
GD name : Lord of Great strength
Days Dec. 3rd to 12th
Sphere on the Tree of Life
Sphere 9
Yesod. You have almost completed building your “Stairway to Paradise,” which serves as a
Foundation on which you can build your dreams.

Astrology
Moon in Sagittarius. Having invested so much time and energy into cultivating your dreams (Moon), you now go to extraordinary lengths to guard and protect your cherished goals (Sagittarius)

Bringing it all together
Lord of great strength fits this card well this man will continue to fight no matter the odds. The problem arises when there’s noting to fight this person can be defensive. The moon tells me there is some emotions involved the 9 and Sagittarius tells me that if there’s a way to finish this it will be done.

Possible definitions:
Good: Great strength, Willingness to fight till the end, great perseverance
Bad: Defensive, Fighting just to fight
Indifferent: a still time in life. Steadfast

MissCW

The man on this card looks very wary indeed.

To me, it looks like if you try and get anywhere near him you risk ending up with one of those spikes right in your belly! It would be hard to get past that defence from the front, you'd have to sneak round the back ...

Coyote, I've just realised I see him in the upright as you see him in the reversal.

WalesWoman

An old slogan for Timex watches fits this card... "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

Never give up, never give in.

Live to fight another day.

Or even today is a good day to die.

Or "I don't care who you say you are or who you know... your name is not on the "A" list" Get outta here!

Do not pass go!

Love your pain!

From Jeopardy ~ What is another Excedrin moment? ( yet another old commercial for aspirin)

Horace

Druidcraft

I got this card in reference to handling a twoyr old. Which pretty much sums up his point of view. lol
Then I noticed none of the wands were stuck in the ground by their points.. It looked like they were ready to be used for ammo if needed. I read the card as I could handle anything that comes up, I'm prepared. I have lots of creative ideas.
But I'd never noticed the upright wand points before, have you? Hh

crazy raven

Horace said:
I got this card in reference to handling a twoyr old. Which pretty much sums up his point of view. lol
Then I noticed none of the wands were stuck in the ground by their points.. It looked like they were ready to be used for ammo if needed. I read the card as I could handle anything that comes up, I'm prepared. I have lots of creative ideas.
But I'd never noticed the upright wand points before, have you? Hh

I have noticed the upright wands before, but in relation to your question, they appear much more pronounced! The awful 2's, willful, defiant and oppositional.......you've got your hands full LOL!

Boundaries are important for a developing 2 year old but they need to be flexible too, so their sense of adventure isn't repressed. Pattern, repetition and routine will create a framework of security for the little one.

Thanks for sharing. :)