The Blue Moon on December 31st

EarthFaery

**check out post #6 for your Star Cafe lunar eclipse horoscope**

Does anyone know what time the Blue Moon on Dec. 31 goes 100% full?
My program does not list this full moon (and it's kepler!:mad:)
I am finding conflicting times, like 12 hrs difference! and no clue on time zones.

I've settled on these 2: 1 for 4:16am EST (0916 GMT) and then another for 2:16pm EST (1916 GMT) lol, my gut says 1 of these is a typo, and that the 2nd is correct.
Anyone know for sure? Please and Thank you :) I can't celebrate and do my hocus pocus without knowing an exact time. (well...I could but I won't feel good about it)

Oh, and I think it will be in cancer at 10*-15'???

The next Blue Moon will be Aug. 2012

Minderwiz

Well According to the American Ephemeris for the 21st Century, it occurs at 19:14 GMT at 10 degrees 15 mins Cancer. I double checked it with Solar Fire and that gives the exact opposition a minute or so earlier.

So your second time seems to be the correct one there.

Curtis Penfold

I always get excited with lunar eclipses. Always makes me want to shout at the wolf that's biting the moon and then have a big feast afterwards. Perhaps I'm a pagan at heart...

EarthFaery

Thank you Minderwiz, I appreciate you double checking for me.
I don't know why my program doesn't list it's time, it's in the moon calendar listing but it was omitted from the moon phase time listing, and again the full moon time listing on Feb 28 is missing (I haven't investigated that one yet) but really,
:laugh: how could they do such a thing.

EarthFaery

Awesome link Aquarian Goddess! Thank you! I copied and pasted these for everyone. I'm Virgo, I know exactly who and what this is referring too. Amazing! I Love it!

Aries:

Staying in sync with its emotional flavor, this Eclipse provokes mixed feelings as you balance your need for security with your ambitious plans for the year ahead. You are urged to express what you might normally keep to yourself as you are pushed to the edge.

Taurus:
You end the year on a somber note as you reevaluate your beliefs and reconsider educational or travel plans. Emotionally intense conversations can feel threatening, but facing the truth is hard work that rewards you with greater trust and respect. Stay cool!

Gemini:
A year of extremes comes to a head by revealing the truths about certain people involved in your life. Fears about changing dynamics are exposed and you let go of irrational insecurities. This helps solidify what is truly yours. Reevaluate what you really want.

Cancer:
This Eclipse Is Very Powerful On You challenging you to reshape your relationships! Serious conversations about unresolved issues can help untangle knots of misunderstanding if you temper your feelings with logic. Remember your limits.

Leo:
Your desire to retreat instead of going to a party is your natural reaction as you get more contemplative in the final days of the year. You may be busier than you wish and are challenged to find calm amid all the noisy distractions. Meditation is a good release.

Virgo:
This moody Lunar Eclipse could lead to a parting of the ways with a colleague or friend. Turning anger into a creative plan is imperative if you hope to avoid resentment that could simmer dangerously for weeks. The year ends on an instrospective note for you.

Libra:
You may feel weary or defeated as you ride an emotional roller-coaster. But, don’t give up; you just need some time to relax. Your ambition will get a second wind after this Eclipse clears the air as the year ahead proves to be anything but boring. Look ahead!

Scorpio:
Expect a readjustment of long-range plans as you are presented with an opportunity to actualize your dreams. Along the way take care of business and have fun. The lid is blown off secrets and your maturity will mix with kindness to address difficult issues.

Sagittarius:
.This eclipse slows you down warning that safety and kindness are more important than speed now. You are urged to set aside sentiment if you want to make your relationships more meaningful. Don’t sweat the ‘small stuff’ and all around you will be happy

Capricorn:
Buried emotional issues are dragged out into the open just in time for the New Year. Once you know what doesn’t work you’ll be better able to create a new plan and try again when the time is right. Caution is the word when expressing your needs.

Aquarius:
You are beginning to think about whether your needs are being met in your daily professional and personal life. A decision to reapply yourself to your current position or look elsewhere for greener professional pastures is the first step towards success. Enjoy!

Pisces:
Careless social behavior can prove costly. A hard decision about romance or a creative project lies ahead; taking charge of a situation is better than trying to duck it. Your obligations to others can weigh heavily so lighten the load by turning work into play. :)

EarthFaery

Curtis Penfold said:
I always get excited with lunar eclipses. Always makes me want to shout at the wolf that's biting the moon and then have a big feast afterwards. Perhaps I'm a pagan at heart...
Sweet, Curtis!! And speaking of wolves, this one sort of screws me up as it's labeled a full Wolf Moon (or storm according to the witches almanac), but I've always given that to the January moon because I hear them howl for real on that one. It's so cool! So, I'll have to wait till after to determine which one gets the name

AmethystEyes

You we go by our sun sign or moon sign?

214red

thanks for the information, i am curious about the partial eclipse, am going to have a NYE party and will be doing a small meditation outside before the festivities as it seems fitting.

i am cancer so am curious about how this will affect me, which chart on astro.com would be the best to view and try and work out the affect it will have?

or does anyone fancy a astro /tarot swap?

Minderwiz

DevilishAngel said:
You we go by our sun sign or moon sign?

I'm assuming you are referring to SMV's quotes from the website.

Go by your Sun sign.

For those who are interested in how such things are done, take your Sun sign and treat that as your first house (whether it is or not in fact) Then count forward in the direction of the Zodiac till you get to either Cancer or Capricorn. This is the axis of the eclipse and your count will tell you which house it falls in for your sign.

So I'm Sun sign Libra, that gives me Capricorn as fourth, and Cancer as tenth. The reading should have something to do with home and security, safety compared with the emotional stress of public life.

Two other examples:

For Taurus it would be third/ninth - travel beliefs and education
For Pisces it would be fifth/eleventh - friends colleagues and creativity

The house containing the eclipse is the source of stress or emotional issues, the house containing the Sun is the resolution of the issues - so for me it's relax at home to overcome that public stress. For a Pisces it's stress from a fifth house issues such as a creative project, or romance, which can impact on social behaviour and obligations to others (eleventh)

The situation is further tweaked by the square from Saturn (the Sun's ruler) and (from the author's perspective) the opposition of Pluto. I would have laid more emphasis on the Opposition from Venus which is conjunct the Sun and therefore combust. That would certainly have an impact on relationships, social behaviour, interaction with women, etc.