The Nodes...

VenusRising

Anyone here are living there North Node? Mine is in the 7th. I am only 28 so I know I have a long way to go in life. However, my relationship with my partner is helping me so much to be in the 7th NN. In the past I was very much a loner, even afraid of being in a relationship because I was so comfortable on my own. Even when I was in relationships I did not know how to be flexible and stable emotionally nor 'comfortable', I looked forward to being alone. Now as my Saturn Return is approaching I feel I am getting closer and happier being in my NN. How long did it take you to reach your NN? I think I am getting better at balancing the 7/1 nodes. I know who I am, I am still very independent a quality that my partner admires very much, but little by little I am learning to be more cooperative with others something in the past I never did prefering to focus on myself and my survival.

dadsnook2000

Also N.Node on the Desc. angle

I have the South Node on my Ascendant, the North Node being on the opposite angle. Over time I have come to see this as representing:

a) North Node says I have to learn to improve my skills and pay more attention to partners and those I associate with. This must be true because my wife is always telling me this. Since I often choose to work alone, rather than be slowed down by others (see South Node comments), this appears to a polarity that we have to deal with when our charts are so aligned with the nodal axis.

b) South Node permits me to draw upon skills and abilities that I seem to never had a chance to learn, but which I can easily take up and apply to anything that I attempt. It's almost like a lucky charm except that it permits me to move ahead on any project as if I were quite experienced.

Dave

le.jour.obscurcit

dadsnook2000 said:
b) South Node permits me to draw upon skills and abilities that I seem to never had a chance to learn, but which I can easily take up and apply to anything that I attempt. It's almost like a lucky charm except that it permits me to move ahead on any project as if I were quite experienced.

Dave

Apparently the South Nodes represents the traits and abilities we have accumulated over previous pastlives, so that's probably why.

My North and South nodes are opposite to you guys. I have my North in my first house and South obviously in my seventh.

I always find that when I pursue something I want to do, I innately feel that I should be considerate of what other's need or feel, so then I either invite them to join me (which I really do not want) or I just don't pursue it at all.

I've read that First House Noth Nodes have lost their sense of 'identity' from the previous and constant contact with and giving to and sacrifices for others in pastlives. So in this lifetime they need to adopt more Arian like characteristics to find that core personality again.

VenusRising

le.jour.obscurcit said:
Apparently the South Nodes represents the traits and abilities we have accumulated over previous pastlives, so that's probably why.

My North and South nodes are opposite to you guys. I have my North in my first house and South obviously in my seventh.

I always find that when I pursue something I want to do, I innately feel that I should be considerate of what other's need or feel, so then I either invite them to join me (which I really do not want) or I just don't pursue it at all.

I've read that First House Noth Nodes have lost their sense of 'identity' from the previous and constant contact with and giving to and sacrifices for others in pastlives. So in this lifetime they need to adopt more Arian like characteristics to find that core personality again.
that seems like a very tough lesson. what about in relationships? do you find yourself not yourself in relationships, do you mold in to a person you think your partner may like? in another thread i read a quote by a woman who has NN in the first too, she said she feels her best when she is single. does this resonate with you? how does an NN 1st person reclaim their identity?

Another thing: I do not believe in reincarnation...but I very much believe in the Nodes in astrology. When I read past life I read it as us when we were younger or perhaps before we felt adults, I don't put an age to it because some of us grow and mature faster than others. Hhhmm but I am not sure if I am presently in the past life at 28? Does that make sense?

214red

i have certainly lived my nodes, and am still living it. I have scorpio NN in 6th, i have had to move from a place of wanting material stability and seeing money as something i needed to accumilate.

its been a harsh lesson, especially for a taurus moon and ASC but its helped with my spiritual growth

le.jour.obscurcit

VenusRising said:
that seems like a very tough lesson. what about in relationships? do you find yourself not yourself in relationships, do you mold in to a person you think your partner may like? in another thread i read a quote by a woman who has NN in the first too, she said she feels her best when she is single. does this resonate with you? how does an NN 1st person reclaim their identity?

I haven't been in a relationship yet (I'm only 17 haha), however, I do believe friendships factor into this as well (especially when I was younger). I read that you either mould into what the person wants/expects you to be, or (for the lack of own identity) will morph into that person, developing similar characteristics.

I haven't been in a "relationship" before, so I can't really give an opinion on whether I'd feel better being single or not - but if I were to take a guess, I'd say I would feel better single.
Self-awareness, independence and self-interest are different ways of re-developing one's own identity. Following their impulses also encourages vitality in their lives - taking risks and experimenting with different aspects of themselves permits them to understand their identity more clearly and what works and what doesn't.

VenusRising said:
Another thing: I do not believe in reincarnation...but I very much believe in the Nodes in astrology. When I read past life I read it as us when we were younger or perhaps before we felt adults, I don't put an age to it because some of us grow and mature faster than others. Hhhmm but I am not sure if I am presently in the past life at 28? Does that make sense?

I understand, and I agree with that point of view as well. I think the more persistant contact with the outside world (e.g. when you moved out, gotten a job, etc.), the more your North node develops.

Also: My Moon is in Libra, so I think that my South node (as both the Moon and South node relate back to pastlives) traits are possibly emphasised, as my South node is in the seventh house.

My Sun, however, is conjunct my North node in the first house, so perhaps my North node is also emphasised. I'm not sure what this could mean though.

AmethystEyes

My north node is the same as my sun sign. Mean anything? It's also in my 2nd house. I actually have alot in my second house.

Minderwiz

The Nodes mark the places where the Moon crosses the ecliptic, the Sun's apparant path around the zodiac. If a New Moon or Full Moon occurs with the Moon near one or other node then there is a very good chance of an eclipse.

In your case with a node in the same sign as your Sun, there is the possibility that the previous or following New Moon was a solar eclipse IF at that time the Sun was very close to the Node. You can check using an online ephemeris or table of lunations. If you're stuck I can give t=you that info.

AmethystEyes

Minderwiz said:
The Nodes mark the places where the Moon crosses the ecliptic, the Sun's apparant path around the zodiac. If a New Moon or Full Moon occurs with the Moon near one or other node then there is a very good chance of an eclipse.

In your case with a node in the same sign as your Sun, there is the possibility that the previous or following New Moon was a solar eclipse IF at that time the Sun was very close to the Node. You can check using an online ephemeris or table of lunations. If you're stuck I can give t=you that info.
Could you give me that info? I do seem to be stuck.

Libra8ca

I have the North Node exactly conjunct the MC and the South Node conjunct the IC AND conjunct Venus. I feel it is having a strong effect on my life but it's hard to pin down; don't seem to have much luck with love and career seems to be lot's of hard work. Also I think it's affecting the relationship to my father.
Does anyone else have this position?