Hanged Fey ^_^

dadsnook2000

Story telling

"Once upon a time . . ." starts many short stories that illustrate core values, personal challenges and success strategies. Following this line we might tell a story about what led the Fey to do what he is doing, what values he has now discovered, what he will take back with him, how his life and the lives of others are likely impacted.

Before we go off on this line we should have some comments. Dave

lunalafey

Core values
Personal challenges
Success strategies
What led the Fey to do what he is doing
What values he has now discovered
What he will take back with him,
How his life and the lives of others are likely impacted

A short story involving the above about the Hanged Man?
What sort of pre-discussion?

One thing that comes to mind when I see this card is the saying about "walking a mile in someone else's shoes"
One cannot fully understand the life of another unless they, themselves have lived through such, environments, experiences, events and the like.
I think that this Fey might have dove into the depths to know and understand more about the life that is around him all the time, yet is not visible while in one's own environment.

dadsnook2000

Perspective

Perspective is the word that comes to mind from your remarks, luna. One can indeed gain perspective from . . .

1) plunging into another environment (vacation, visit to another part of town, hiking in the wilderness, going on a retreat event).

2) by letting time go by before making contact again with a situation or person.

3) by reading a book, talking with someone, going to a movie, etc.

I would say that "gaining a new perspective" is a core meaning for the Fey Hanged Man. Dave

lunalafey

Perspective indeed.
Another thought that comes to mind is 'Comfort Zone'
We all have our rituals and habits and to step outside of that can put us into unfamiliar territory. When we enter into something new, we leave our comfort zone. I feel that in these times we tend to be more aware of our surroundings. We absorb as much as we can.
There is an element of fear here as well, like what if this Fey goes to far down and long and runs out of breath?
When we are a state of fear, at the level of uncertainty that is not necessarily crippling, we are very open to seeing the surroundings in a different point of view. When the experience is over, we have gained knowledge and increased the boundaries of our comfort zone. Like the Fey who keeps diving into the water and conditions his lungs to hold more air for longer periods of time.

Water Lady

New realities. moving to new understanding. #12 = between spirit and intellect.

I had not thougt about it in a long time and not in this way until I read through this site and someone mentioned putting yourself in this position.
I was in this position a few years back. We took our boat to the bahamas, and went scuba diving - on our own - in wild, if you will. Looking forward to new sights prior, I found myself in a strange new world with no peripheral vision and terrified of what might be there in this strange world. Fish would appear out of no where it seemed and although it was in some ways exciting, beautiful and amazing it was also terrifing, a new reality, and definitely a new understanding.