Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

A2 pub

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

jcwirish 

CN, did you get the Wild Unknown book yet? I want your review of it before I decide if I'm going to buy it.
Top   #641
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
hey JC. Yes, I know! kids grow like weeds! the granddaughter has grown a few inches since we last saw her in July! I was amazed. I've got to head to the grocery store too, today. It could wait till tomorrow, but I'm on a run and while I've got it--figured may as well get as much done as possible! Already went to the bank this morning and almost done with my cleaning the first floor, so..........
You're so good!
Top   #642
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
Does anyone remember the Free to be You and Me album that Marlo Thomas made in the early 70's? My mom had the CD in her car, and she left it for me so Ry could listen to it in the car. Omg, I've been playing it. It's bringing back so many memories. I loved that record as a kid. It's so great!
yeah! I remember that. I don't really remember all the words--have to google it.
Top   #643
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
You're so good!
who me???

no, not really!

oh, here's those lyrics! brought back memories!

There's a land that I see where the children are free
And I say it ain't far to this land from where we are
Take my hand, come with me, where the children are free
Come with me, take my hand, and we'll live

In a land where the river runs free
In a land through the green country
In a land to a shining sea
And you and me are free to be you and me

I see a land bright and clear, and the time's comin' near
When we'll live in this land, you and me, hand in hand
Take my hand, come along, lend your voice to my song
Come along, take my hand, sing a song

For a land where the river runs free
For a land through the green country
For a land to a shining sea
For a land where the horses run free

Every boy in this land grows to be his own man
In this land, every girl grows to be her own woman
Take my hand, come with me where the children are free
Come with me, take my hand, and we'll run

To a land where the river runs free
To a land through the green country
To a land to a shining sea
To a land where the horses run free
To a land where the children are free
And you and me are free to be
And you and me are free to be

You and me
Ah-ah-ah-ah
You and me
Ah-ah-ah-ah
You and me
Ba ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/m/marl...dmelyrics.html

I use to love to watch THAT GIRL! when I was younger. my sister & I rarely missed it. you're probably too young to remember that show though.
Top   #644
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
yeah! I remember that. I don't really remember all the words--have to google it.
My favorite is the Carol Channing bit when she talks about the ladies on the commercials smiling and enjoying themselves while cleaning and scrubbing and washing, and how she reminds the listener that that lady is an actress and she's smiling because she's getting paid MONEY to look so happy about doing housework, and how everyone really HATES doing housework. SO, if you want to have a sunny happy life when you're older, you should always do housework together, and not make one person (like the lady) do it all by herself!
Top   #645
Citizen

jcwirish 

Of course I remember That Girl!! I wanted to be That Girl, and I wanted her haircut and her clothes and I wanted a boyfriend just like Donald!!!
Top   #646
Citizen

emmsma 

I've heard of it, but I don't think I ever heard it.

You guys are making me feel kinda bad. I haven't done a damn thing on my days off this time round - other than laundry. Its my weekend thing.

But hubby is up now, so I will have coffee soon.
Top   #647
Citizen

baylys 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma View Post

You guys are making me feel kinda bad. I haven't done a damn thing on my days off this time round - other than laundry. Its my weekend thing.

Hey all

Don't feel bad about doing nothing, I do that all the time. On my days off I try to avoid getting out of bed before lunchtime. The only thing I do do is laundry. I have a work uniform and so I have to keep on top of laundry (bah humbug!!!!).
Top   #648
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:

Oh, don't feel bad Emm. I've done nothing either. I felt like such a bad person while my mom was here. She was constantly in the kitchen making someone a hot meal, or cleaning something. I was sitting around watching football or talking in the pub. I'm not a very good housewife at all, and you have a job Emm! You go out and make money for your family. What do I do? Not much these days, let me tell ya. I've been wondering what my actual purpose in life is at all. I think I'm a good mom, but that may be the only decent thing I do in life.
Top   #649
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
CN, did you get the Wild Unknown book yet? I want your review of it before I decide if I'm going to buy it.
no not yet. I only ordered it Saturday. I imagine I'll get it by the end of hte week though.

Quote:
My favorite is the Carol Channing bit when she talks about the ladies on the commercials smiling and enjoying themselves while cleaning and scrubbing and washing, and how she reminds the listener that that lady is an actress and she's smiling because she's getting paid MONEY to look so happy about doing housework, and how everyone really HATES doing housework. SO, if you want to have a sunny happy life when you're older, you should always do housework together, and not make one person (like the lady) do it all by herself!
yeah, Carol Channing had it right--however, she must not have had a husband when she said that last part! lol! I'm lucky my husband COOKS! he cooks only once in awhile, because he loves it, and I enjoy 'the day off', but after he cooks, it really is a bit MORE work for me, because he uses every pot and pan and utensil we own and makes a mess from the kitchen to the dining room! lol. I always have to wash the floor after he cooks ANYTHING!

Quote:
Of course I remember That Girl!! I wanted to be That Girl, and I wanted her haircut and her clothes and I wanted a boyfriend just like Donald!!!
oh God. I never liked Donald. I thought he was a wuss.
But I did like That Girl!

Quote:

Well laundry is something! besides a day off is a necessary thing too!!! I try to get the bulk of it done on Monday and Tuesday--so I can lay off Tue & Wed and then on Thursday & Friday do a quick sweep through before the hubby is home again and it gets REALLY DIRTY all over again.
Top   #650

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.