Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Last month of DEC PUB

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Oh my - anything I can do totally pales in comparison to the incredible way himself looked after me while I was ill. For literally months - from about July/August 2008 (when the pain was severe), then the surgeries in October and December, through to the August/September of the following year (during all the chemo) that man nursed me, cooked for me (seven or eight oh-so-tiny meals each day - half a slice of toast with half a scrambled egg was a meal before surgery...), did all the shopping, laundry, cleaning - helped me sit, stand, walk. Immediately after each of the surgeries he helped me bathe, helped me with the loo .... he was amazing and he taught me so very much about love in action.

And he gradually tailed off the help with each thing I showed I was able to do for myself....

I learned how to accept help gracefully and without feeling remotely humiliated.

It was an incredible time for both of us.

And so a little patience on my part isn't much to ask
Top   #191
Citizen

baylys 

Wow!!! Inspiring.

One day, maybe, I will be part of a partnership like that.
Top   #192
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Anyway, all that aside - I am gonna book Friday as a day of my annual holiday allowance to get the deccies up. I have a feeling it's going to be me doing most of it which will take me back years to when it was just me and James.

I might see if I can get some new deccies - just a couple of things - this year

Hey Baylys - why are you grinchy? Any particular reason or have you always been this way?
Top   #193
Citizen

baylys 

I used to love xmas, but mainly the santa sack. We only ever had a green tinsel 3 ft tree. Once my sister started breeding xmas moved to her house and it changed. BiL's parents are divorced and don't speak , so the mum and partner come for brekkie, while the dad and partner come for lunch. There's kids squawking constantly and there is no peace and quiet. And my sister is only tolerable in SHORT periods.

So, now I run away to sea on my coastguard boat. No fuss, no mess, no presents, no overeating (diabetic crew member so we cater for him), no noise, just cruising. If needed for a job, we are there and available, but generally a very quiet day. BLISS!!!!!
Top   #194
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Ah, that makes total sense! Your diabetic crewmate can enjoy cheeses, meats, veggies, salads, (watch the dressings), and I have a recipe for a terrific cheesecake that is very low in carbs (a bit high in cals and fat though). Think cheese slices rolled in lettuce or meat slices and pinned with cocktail sticks - stuff like that

I remember one year when I was still living at my parents we went to my sister's house with her (then) husband and kids. Like you, I didn't enjoy it at all.

Christmas in my own home is fine though. When James was little we went to my in-laws because James's father died when James was tiny (4) and my MIL adored him and still misses him, but James is very special to her too so it mattered to me that I shared James at Christmas. Because I spent so many years with them, their traditions and ways have become mine, and I carry them on in my own home - sort of mixed with the ones of my own childhood.
Top   #195
Citizen

EllieP 

Just awaiting chucking-out-at-hotel time while OH has a swim. Wedding day was fantabulous. Son and DIL had thought of every last thing to make it a casual inclusive wonderfully happy day at every minute for everyone, right down to the fireworks and roast hog late evening. And the dancing - with the kids as well - so much fun and energy. Del Boy was there too...

Only tiny bad thing was having to have a huge white real rose pinned on my new crushed velvet jacket at least till all the photos had finished!!!!! But it pales in comparison to so much fun. And having everyone together - Son and DIL's friends have been around for years and years so we all know each other well!

Will catch up later, and gradually turn my thoughts to xmas. Have to attend granddaughter's nativity play at her school before leaving the area. We promised!
Top   #196
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

>>>>>------- morning, all!

Wishing for everyone the holiday season they want... not what's expected, or what they think it "should" be... different strokes for different folks...

Like everyone I've had good and bad holidays...and have reached the point where, for me, it's what *I* make it or what I want it to be in a given year... this year it's cheap and cheerful, and I'm enjoying it. And enjoying being with my friends here in the pub...

Happy day all...>>>>>-------
Top   #197
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Just awaiting chucking-out-at-hotel time while OH has a swim. Wedding day was fantabulous. Son and DIL had thought of every last thing to make it a casual inclusive wonderfully happy day at every minute for everyone, right down to the fireworks and roast hog late evening. And the dancing - with the kids as well - so much fun and energy. Del Boy was there too...

Only tiny bad thing was having to have a huge white real rose pinned on my new crushed velvet jacket at least till all the photos had finished!!!!! But it pales in comparison to so much fun. And having everyone together - Son and DIL's friends have been around for years and years so we all know each other well!

Will catch up later, and gradually turn my thoughts to xmas. Have to attend granddaughter's nativity play at her school before leaving the area. We promised!
glad it was all splendid! Did you remember to cut the tag off your trousers?????
Top   #198
Citizen

EllieP 

Yes!

And I agree about the holiday season!
Top   #199
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Oh I am glad the wedding went so well! It sounds wonderful

Little phrase there Ellie - "before leaving the area" - did you mean before you go back home or are you temporarily decamping until the water situation is sorted out?
Top   #200

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.