September TdM exchange, anyone?

BSwett

Who's gonna get this wheel rolling?

dancing_moon

I second this. :) Is any of our mods out there?..

BSwett

YOu and I Dancing Moon! you and I :)

dancing_moon

If nobody else is willing, why don't we start a thread in Reading Circles on Monday? Let me know here or by pm. :)

Sherryl

A Your Readings subforum?

How about creating a subforum under "Your Readings" just for people using the TdM and other historic decks like the Visconti Sforza or Vieville? That's where you post a reading you did yourself to get feedback from others. It has a few advantages over a reading exchange: You get input from many people, not just your reading partner. It's more open-ended, with no time constraints. It's not dependent on a leader assigning partners or any other organizational work.

Someone would probably have to ask the forum moderator for permission to create the subforum. It would need an official moderator who could be online fairly consistently to watch over things. I think there's something posted somewhere about creating subforums - I'll look around for it.

Any interest in this approach?

dancing_moon

Sherryl, I think I saw a thread about this initiative out here somewhere a while ago, and one of the moderators stated she would start a subforum like that if there were enough activity in this thread (Marseilles & Other Early Decks) with people posting their readings for general discussion. But I think it just never worked, nobody or very few people posted. :(

The idea is good, but where will we get enough people to keep it up more often than once a month/two months?

Sulis

How about creating a subforum under "Your Readings" just for people using the TdM and other historic decks like the Visconti Sforza or Vieville? That's where you post a reading you did yourself to get feedback from others. It has a few advantages over a reading exchange: You get input from many people, not just your reading partner. It's more open-ended, with no time constraints. It's not dependent on a leader assigning partners or any other organizational work.

Someone would probably have to ask the forum moderator for permission to create the subforum. It would need an official moderator who could be online fairly consistently to watch over things. I think there's something posted somewhere about creating subforums - I'll look around for it.

Any interest in this approach?

Your own readings with TdMs are allowed here in the TdM forum - same rules as in the Your Readings forum just over here so that everyone knows that you're not using RWS / Golden Dawn meanings.
There's a sticky note at the top of this forum explaining; Readings using Marseilles decks (click).

In the past we've found that subforums generally don't work - they're used for a short time then end up ignored and so are closed..

Sulis - Your Readings co-moderator

Sulis

If nobody else is willing, why don't we start a thread in Reading Circles on Monday? Let me know here or by pm. :)

Anna and Le_charior usually host the circles.. Maybe contact one of them.. I think Anna did the last one and the sign up thread is usually in the TdM forum..
Circle hosts have access to the Circle Hosts forum (not an open forum) so I'm not really sure whether anyone can just dive in... Hemera is the moderator of Reading Circles so she would be a good person to ask.

dancing_moon

Thank you for your explanations! :)

ETA: I've just sent pm's to Anna and Le_charior...

nisaba

If someone's startking a September exchange, I'm in. :)