Dogs :)

Sophie

Well, I am going to get a dog. I asked the faeries, being the kind of wishy-washy type that can't make a decision without the help of my winged friends. I want to note too that my father growled "it's not practical for you" (meaning, no doubt - it's not practical for him, as I would ask my parents to look after the dog when I travelled far or to England; but then - I look after their dog quite often too!)

Well, the faeries sent me the Maiden to say it's a marvellous idea and all I have to do is find an adorable little puppy.

When I asked about my father's opinion, the faeries answerd in no uncertain terms: Bodacious Bodach!

So that's settled. I am on the hunt for a cairn terrier puppy (bitch). I feel sure the faeries will help me ;)

And dogs, unless they are large with long tails, don't knock over vases :)

Nina*

What a great idea, Sophie.

A cute little puppy to guide you on your walks in the nature...
Be sure to tell us when you have bought her. Oh... and pictures too please :D

Now are you ABSOLUTELY sure dogs don't eat faeries too...???? :eek:

xxx
Nina

MercyMe

We just got a new puppy, too: a chocolate standard poodle and her name is...Sophie! :D I didn't know that was your name, Helvetica! :) It suits you, woman of wisdom. Anyway, I wish you the best on your search for a Cairn Terrier. They are wonderful dogs, though I've never had the privilege. I've read very good things about them, though.

Your father is funny. He reminded me of O! That Gnome! just then.

~Mercy

ncefafn

Oooh, a puppy, a puppy! Sophie, please show us a picture of her when you get her. :)

Kim

Sophie

MercyMe said:
We just got a new puppy, too: a chocolate standard poodle and her name is...Sophie! :D I didn't know that was your name, Helvetica! :) It suits you, woman of wisdom. Anyway, I wish you the best on your search for a Cairn Terrier. They are wonderful dogs, though I've never had the privilege. I've read very good things about them, though.

Your father is funny. He reminded me of O! That Gnome! just then.
Yes, my father is very like That Gnome sometimes! (not really in looks, except when he pulls a face, but in character). I am honoured you called a CHOCOLATE poodle Sophie! I love chocolate and dogs - though I don't know much about poodles, except that they are very soft to the touch. She will be a wise and mischievous dog - but might have something of a temper...;)

When I find my little darling I will of course post her photo. It won't be before May, because I have to work my notice and I go on holiday the last week in April.

Will you post Sophie's photo, Mercy? What do the Faeries say of her?

Tsukiyono

Good Luck on your search for a new puppy. :) I am a dog lover myself, and my current dog, Juliet, actually found me one day. It was a few falls ago, I was outside cleaning out my car one last time before winter and this little black puppy runs up to me and wants to play. :D As it turns out someone had just dropped her in out neighborhood, so we took her in. The vet says she is part lab and part chow. I pulled a card for her just for fun and I pulled "The Friends" which couldn't be better suited. ;)

MercyMe

Helvetica said:
Will you post Sophie's photo, Mercy? What do the Faeries say of her?

I am not "allowed," it says, to post attachments (is that a benefit of being a subscriber, because I think I'm going to become one anyway), but I will figure out a different way to share my Sophie with you all.

Interestingly, the Faeries confirmed something I got in a reading yesterday about Sophie's role in my life. I had drawn the Strength card and just happened to be reading something that suggested that one aspect of that card's meaning was that an animal would play a prominent role in helping me endure and help me grow strong. I immediately thought of Sophie. I have been going through a very rough time of heartache and it has been really rough at times, and in fact I almost decided against getting a puppy because I was still having some pretty hard days but she has added so much to my day to day life. It's hard to wallow in self-pity and miserableness when she's rolling about, diving into leaf piles, turning somersaults and generally being a clown. :D So, the Faeries told me she connects me with Himself (a kind of Strength, yes?) and she is like The Faun. Oh, if you've ever see a standard poodle run, you would know how apt that likeness is! Right now, she has the spirit of the Faun. Think Bambi learning to skate on the ice with Thumper. LOL!

~Mercy

MercyMe

Tsukiyono said:
Good Luck on your search for a new puppy. :) I am a dog lover myself, and my current dog, Juliet, actually found me one day. It was a few falls ago, I was outside cleaning out my car one last time before winter and this little black puppy runs up to me and wants to play. :D As it turns out someone had just dropped her in out neighborhood, so we took her in. The vet says she is part lab and part chow. I pulled a card for her just for fun and I pulled "The Friends" which couldn't be better suited. ;)

Our older dog, Naomi, was just such a foundling as well. Someone had loosely tied her to a pole outside our church during the service full well knowing that someone would come along and rescue her. My son found her there and his pleading eyes were part of the reason she came home with us. The other was the answer to my question, "Is the puppy a boy or a girl?" A girl? Well, I guess we have a new addition to our family, then. :) That was over 13 1/2 years ago. She has been a wonderful friend, too.

~Mercy

MercyMe

Ta Da!

This is my baby Sophie:

Attachments

• Ginny-Puppy1.JPG
    Ginny-Puppy1.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 99

Grigori

Oh, Sophie is beautiful! Not sure if it is really her, or my screen, but her coat has this lovely red tinge to it to my eyes. She looks so soft!