just figured out the name G. Hobyah, LOL

SunChariot

Just figured out like two minutes ago what the name meant. I was looking at the name figuring I was missing something, when it hit me to remove the period and make it one word. ghobya, of course would be pronounced phobia. LOL

That is SO cool, I love this deck. I really thought that was quite creative. Especially as it says that is often the way faeries communicate, in roundabout ways. And as that is what a phobia is something disguised as something else, a minor fear disguised as something much worse than it is.

Bar

MercyMe

Oh wow! I wouldn't have figured that out! very cool! :) Yeah, the entire deck is chock full of major creativity. Delightful.

~Mercy

ncefafn

<smirk> I always thought it sounded like the nickname of a certain current world leader, whose expression always has reminded me somewhat of G. Hobyah.

Kim

MercyMe

Yeah, <snort!> I associated that one, too, ncefafn.

~Mercy

FaeryGodmother

I don't even want to think about what that says about us linking a poor defenceless faery in our minds with that particular person! ;) I confess thats exactly what I thought too.

At least now, thanks to SunChariot, theres a different mental association for G. Hobyah. :D

FGM

Sophie

I think Brian Froud meant it to have both associations ;)

lunar_rabbit

That's great! I don't think I would have ever figured that out... but it is clear as day now. How did you figure out to change the G to a P?

This deck has so many layers of insight and humor. I just love it more each time I learn something new.

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
That's great! I don't think I would have ever figured that out... but it is clear as day now. How did you figure out to change the G to a P?

This deck has so many layers of insight and humor. I just love it more each time I learn something new.

I figured it out with something the deck encourages, a sense of playfulness.LOL Just playing around with the name and it suddenly occured to me that when you put a g and h together, " gh" they often make an "f" sound as in the word laugh.

It wasn't so much changing one letter for another. Just removing the period, putting all the letter together and sounding it out.:)

I just thought it was really cool of Brian to place this kind of game into the deck. As the faeries love riddles and playfulness.

Bar

Alissa

:D What a brilliant Faery-inspired leap! Thank you for sharing that, that made my day.... I've never seen it before, and now I'll never *not* see it, it's just brilliant!

SunChariot

Alissa said:
:D What a brilliant Faery-inspired leap! Thank you for sharing that, that made my day.... I've never seen it before, and now I'll never *not* see it, it's just brilliant!

You're very welcome! :) That's why we're all here, to share. :)

I thought it was quite brilliant of Brian too and really very witty.

Bar