game crafter decks marketing ideas

Hexi

hey everyone I have just put my Pearls of Wisdom Tarot Third edition decks up on Game Crafter. I see there are several other tarot decks as well as oracle and Lenormand decks there as well. I was wondering if the creators of these decks might want to work together to promote the decks printed on GC. We don't have distribution like published decks do, but together we may help each other to promote our decks to a wider audience.

For those who do not know me or my deck, my deck was published in 2007 and 2008. I also created a dvd series on deck creation with Pamela Steele and Global Spiritual studies.

I have created videos to promote decks and would love to connect with other deck creators who are working with Game Crafter so see if we can work together for a win, win, win collaboration and increase the audience of tarot for all of us. Cheers Hexi

tarotbear

And what did you have in mind?

seven stars

I tried to have boxes made by GC but they turned out terrible - they only had one size available & they were way too big - could fit a deck & a half in them. What's their card quality like?

MoonGypsy

. What's their card quality like?

Nice, but not as nice as the great shuffling linen cardstock of Printers Studios IMHO, which is my personal favorite, and has really spoiled me....:p
Gamecrafter's cardstock is closer to PS's smooth eggshell...

seven stars

Nice, but not as nice as the great shuffling linen cardstock of Printers Studios IMHO, which is my personal favorite, and has really spoiled me....:p

That's what I found with the company Make Playing Cards.com as well. The 3 things I wish PS did was (1) make boxes for Tarot size - they have the plastic boxes for bridge & poker & (2) make booklets, & (3) make boards that I could have my Spirit Board designs printed on.

The problem with the American companies is that (1) they don't have the card quality, (2) they don't drop-ship, & (3) I can't set up my account so that I can save decks within the account so that I can fill orders quickly. When you get a lot of orders, filling them quickly & easily is essential or you end up spending all your time filling orders.

seven stars

Do they get that wonky warp?

MoonGypsy

Do they get that wonky warp?

i don't remember any becoming warped, per se...
Also, judging from the one or 2 decks i have gotten in the past few months from them,
they're printing and cardstock seems to have improved quite a bit from a few years ago...
i STILL like Printer Studio's linen better for shuffling, though. You aren't thinking of switching are you?
i will cry copious tears...:p
The Gamecrafter cardstock seems a bit stiffer to me...

But i have a Pearls of Wisdom on the way from Gamecrafters. [actually i am still in the queue]
i am anxious to see what it will be like...i know Hexi is pleased, so i am very hopeful, as i
trust her judgment.;)

tarotbear

I think in a previous discussion in another thread it seems that MakePlayingCards and PrintersStudio are either the same company or they use the same printing company to produce their cards (their sites and ordering process are almost exactly the same) - both are worth looking into for comparison ... But they don't box ....

MoonGypsy

I think in a previous discussion in another thread it seems that MakePlayingCards and PrintersStudio are either the same company or they use the same printing company to produce their cards (their sites and ordering process are almost exactly the same) - both are worth looking into for comparison ... But they don't box ....

Right, but they do shrinkwrap at least..:p :)

seven stars

In case you're wondering, the reason the linen shuffles so much better is because of that texture - it allows the tiniest bit of air to get between the cards, thus making them shuffle better and not cling to each other.

I don't think they're the same company. I DO know that the parent companies for Make Playing Cards . com and PS are the same company.