Midnight Masquerade Minors

Fairawen

Oh lol. You're right that 4 of Jewels lady seems to just be giving that look... hm...

I looove the Ace of Glass, I love your suits as well! Very original! And very pretty as well... :p

Keep 'em coming girly, you got us on the edge of our seats here!

~Fairawen~

SongDeva

Looking awesome, girl...can't wait!

Myrrha

Wow!!! That crystal ball on the lotus shape, and the mirror... I love that card. Glass for the water suite is a great idea but I can sympathize with the difficulties in actually painting it. Maybe one of the cards could have a reflecting pool? In Boston there is a huge one at the Christian Science headquarters. There are lamps all around it and trees that reflect in the water. Maybe something like that would fit in the magical ballroom where these cards are set. I know it is water and not glass but it reflects like glass... just a thought.

I liked the Four of Jewels as well, the cage on her head is very clever, symbolisim snuck in there in an amusing way.

--Myrrha

Mimers

I am really loving this! You are doing a great job Chronata! Keep it up.

Mimi

Chronata

oh! Thank you genna, Fairawen, Song Deva, Myrrha and Mimers!!!

Myrrha~ Funny you should mention reflecting pools...as I have one drawn already for the two of glass, and another one possibly in the seven!

The reflecting pool in Boston sounds really lovely! maybe sometime soon I will get a chance to see it! Seems like excellent inspiration potential!

And thanks for the comment on the 4 of Jewels...there does seem to be much more humor emerging in the minor cards, as I draw them out.

Much of the minor symbolism has been with me for a long long time...these are all images that I developed over 15 years ago, when I first decided that I wanted to make my own deck!
That was before they all had masks...which was a much later concept that I had combined with the early one!

funny that the Minors would come much easier to me...but the Majors were the first ones I completed!

More cards comming soon!...I am at the blocking color stage of the 5 of jewels, the 3 of glass, and the Ace of jewels!

Thanks again to everyone!

see ya back here....real soon!

baba-prague

Chronata said:
see ya back here....real soon!

Look forward to seeing the new cards, and I have to say I really liked the birdcage in the hair too - a bit of humour is all to the good!

mercenary30

I am just so glad to see this moving forward, and to see how much you put in to all this. It really shows!!!

Your choices for suits are genius, and fit so well with the theme of your deck.

These cards will be dear to many a heart in the AT Forums!!!

Chronata

I have been holding onto these new images for a month now...and I guess it's time to share!

I was hoping to surprise those people who preordered the Masquerade, by including these never before seen aces...but they are already getting a few surprises...and these need to be up here!

I owe tremendous thanks to Gardener...who deserves all the credit for encoraging me in getting these finished, and for me going ahead with the LE production.

So...thanks to Gardener's enthusiasm and yummy-way-too-expensive Golden Acrylics...
I present the last two Aces...

The earthy, pentacley Ace of Jewels...

and the sophisticated and airy Ace of Blades

Enjoy!

Attachments

• MMaceJewels.jpg
    MMaceJewels.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 177
  • MMaceBlades.jpg
    MMaceBlades.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 170

Fairawen

*Ooooooh* *appreciative clapping* Very well done Chronata, very well done! I'm not sure which ace I like better, the jewels or the blade... both are so beautiful! Wow. I wish I could do art as well as you. *Fantasizes*

Darn it, now I'm gonna have to make a deck... not just a "homemade" deck, but a pretty art deck... or, at least, as "pretty" as I can make it. It won't be as good as yours, but I can wish... :p

Anyway, as I was saying, lovely lovely lovely! They really are beautiful Chronata, I love masks alot too, so this only makes me like your deck more... I don't know what the facination with masks is, but your deck is chock full of 'em! I love it!

Keep it up girly, you're doing fantastic!!!

~Fairawen~

purple_scorp

Oh Chronata, this deck is so beautiful. I'm so pleased you are back on track again.

Congratulations.

with love
purple_scorp