If anyone is interested in the Ancient Celtic Tarot...

blackroseivy

Ancient Celtic Tarot

Provided that isn't already taken... Yeah, I've renamed it again. "Artifact Tarot" just doesn't seem to have much ring, does it?

I've done massive improvements on the deck; they are now all in ink rather than pencil, which I *know* doesn't reproduce, what the heck was I thinking??

Well, here is the latest... (don't have "Temperance" yet)

Attachments

• tofcathewheel.jpg
    tofcathewheel.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 288
  • tofcajustice.jpg
    tofcajustice.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 218
  • tofcathesacrificedman.jpg
    tofcathesacrificedman.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 204
  • tofcadeath.jpg
    tofcadeath.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 223
  • tofcathetower.jpg
    tofcathetower.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 203

Cerulean

Thunderous and delicate at the same time.

Excellent balance of color and shape and shade and light...

Regards,

Cerulean

Emeraldgirl

Wow. I am really attracted to the death card. Congratulations you have the beginnings of a really special deck.

temperlyne

I love the idea of a portal in the death card, it captures the meaning very well.

blackroseivy

Wow, you guys picked out the very one I was proudest of! Thanx for the feedback, all! :D

bleuivy

So you already know I've been a fan of your deck for a while. I love the new improvements, though. And the death card is great.

Question: What is the image on the Sacrificed One? Is it based on a piece of artwork, or - dare I ask - is it a reproduction of an image of a bog body? It looks very bog-body-like to me. Whatever the source of the image, it's a great card.

All-in-all, I love the new improvements and the new cards. Gorgeous!

blackroseivy

Oooooooh I'm All *excited*!!!!!

BlueIvy, YOU GUESSED IT - it is INDEED A BOG BODY!!! Were you the archaeologist? I would think that's the kinda thing you might sorta be able to guess!! I can't believe you actually *guessed* that - here I was all worried that it didn't even look like a dead body!!! Yep, I figure that the bog mummies are a kind of relic: solid bits of the past. I meant to make it look like it's residing in the peat-bog, with a raven, The Bird of Death, poised over it.

*So* encouraged to see these kind words! I'll post more as I do them! (It's gonna be a *very* full deck, with *some* kind of pip scenes & all!!) :D :D :D

blackroseivy

& Cerulean...

...poetic as usual!! :D I'll be anxious to see what you think of the rest of the cards, too...

Here is Temperance:

Attachments

• tofcatemperance.jpg
    tofcatemperance.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 138

blackroseivy

I think I'll post the first ones in improved form, too:

Attachments

• tofcathefooljpg.jpg
    tofcathefooljpg.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 120
  • tofcathemage.jpg
    tofcathemage.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 121
  • tofcthedruidess.jpg
    tofcthedruidess.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 110
  • tofcathechieftainness.jpg
    tofcathechieftainness.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 101
  • tofcathechieftain.jpg
    tofcathechieftain.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 105

bleuivy

danubhe said:
BlueIvy, YOU GUESSED IT - it is INDEED A BOG BODY!!! Were you the archaeologist? I would think that's the kinda thing you might sorta be able to guess!! I can't believe you actually *guessed* that - here I was all worried that it didn't even look like a dead body!!! Yep, I figure that the bog mummies are a kind of relic: solid bits of the past. I meant to make it look like it's residing in the peat-bog, with a raven, The Bird of Death, poised over it.

*So* encouraged to see these kind words! I'll post more as I do them! (It's gonna be a *very* full deck, with *some* kind of pip scenes & all!!) :D :D :D

Hee hee! Yup, I'm the archaeologist. :D (Currently working on my masters in it, actually, so not a full archaeologist just yet, lol.) In fact, I'm an archaeologist that studies dead people (literally - I spend much of my time with people who've been dead at least 500 years), so you kinda stumbled into my specialty. I have to admit, I was just thrilled to see a bog body in your tarot deck. What you said about bog bodies and mummies was really well said: they are relics, solid bits of the past. That's why I study them. We can learn so much, and they are so poetic and moving.

I officially love your tarot and must own a copy whenever it is done as the images are just so well sellected. The bog body is but one example of this.

Great job! Am loving it!

Love Temperance, by the way.