Rob Hand Interview

Minderwiz

There's a recently posted podcast of an interview with Rob Hand by Chris Brennan, looking at his career, his early works and influence by Cosmobiology and then his discovery of Traditional methods, as one of the authors of Project Hindsight.

His main theme is reconciling Traditional and Modern Astrology. He looks at issues of fate, Science and Astrology, rulerships and the use of Whole Sign Houses. As he is one of the leading Astrologer of the last thirty years or so, this should be essential listening for those interested in Astrology, whatever branch they follow.

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2013/12/09/robert-hand-reconciling-modern-traditional-astrology/

There's no charge or any special software that you need.

Ronia

Thanks, Minderwiz! Off to listen.

Minderwiz

Let me know what you think

Ronia

It's long. LOL No, seriously, it's long, I had to run out, now I'll try to continue from where I stopped it. But I'd rather prefer to listen it all together, may be tomorrow, without interruption because I forgot what I heard already.

Minderwiz

Yes it isnover an hour, so you do need to put time aside to listen. As Hand charges around $250 for his webinars, it's a good opportunity to get a flavour of his thinking for free :)

Ronia

Minderwiz, I made it halfway through and I give up. It's just... don't know, too scientific for me, I guess. I heard all together two examples, one of which was on a Neptune/Sun transit (conjunction) to which I can collaborate myself without being Robert Hand although mine is a trine (but I had progressive Ne Moon on natal Neptune at the same time). The other was about the tenth house Saturn which I passed (whole sign houses) or am currently in (PLacidus), so I prefer to draw my own conclusions. The rest is a lot of "if"s and "when"s and both. May be over the holidays I'll be in a more philosophical mood to listen to the rest of it but overall it reminds me of my university professors and most of all, of my Theory Of Literature classes which would have been super interesting if they weren't bogged down by way too many sentences. What I do agree with is that Mediaval times were closer to us than we might think but then "we" shoudl refer to only those who completely fail to look towards the past thinking they are reinventing the wheel these days, in divination specifically, and astrology included.

nicky

pretty excited - Rob Hand is supposed to come to our astrology group here this year!

Minderwiz

pretty excited - Rob Hand is supposed to come to our astrology group here this year!

Wow!!!! I hope that comes off, you're in for a real treat. You might find this podcast interesting, if only to pick out areas you'd like to ask a question on. He'll also be impressed that you've done some homework :)

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, I made it halfway through and I give up. It's just... don't know, too scientific for me, I guess. I heard all together two examples, one of which was on a Neptune/Sun transit (conjunction) to which I can collaborate myself without being Robert Hand although mine is a trine (but I had progressive Ne Moon on natal Neptune at the same time). The other was about the tenth house Saturn which I passed (whole sign houses) or am currently in (PLacidus), so I prefer to draw my own conclusions. The rest is a lot of "if"s and "when"s and both. May be over the holidays I'll be in a more philosophical mood to listen to the rest of it but overall it reminds me of my university professors and most of all, of my Theory Of Literature classes which would have been super interesting if they weren't bogged down by way too many sentences. What I do agree with is that Mediaval times were closer to us than we might think but then "we" shoudl refer to only those who completely fail to look towards the past thinking they are reinventing the wheel these days, in divination specifically, and astrology included.

I think 'philosophical' is more the word of choice, as there's a lot of consideration of underlying rationale. It's not a discussion on delineation as such, though there are references, the ones that you mentioned, to delineations in his classic book 'Planets in Transit', which he wrote before he began his exploration of Medieval and Hellenisitic approaches. In the second part, they look at ways that traditional and modern approaches might be reconciled, i.e. how the two might be blended. It's a discussion about the philosophy of Astrology and the influence of philosophies on Astrology.

nicky

Wow!!!! I hope that comes off, you're in for a real treat. You might find this podcast interesting, if only to pick out areas you'd like to ask a question on. He'll also be impressed that you've done some homework :)

Thanks- I forworded it off to the board