Cartomancy and the Elemental Dignities

DragonFae

I am continuing to explore the elemental dignities and am following closely a new series being written over at Tarot Eon and Tarot Element. They are working together to produce a dictionary of element meanings with different pairs. Their focus is tarot cards but it got me thinking about using the same concept with regular playing cards...I wrote up some sample draws over at anothe blog I have called The Quest. Below is part of the post....

Ten of Diamonds plus Ace of Diamonds which is Earth + Earth

Acccording to Tarot Eon and Tarol Elements....the most stable of the combinations, no movement period!, stablity.

The cards:

Ten of Diamonds= the end, completion of a cycle or period
Ace of Diamonds= brings beginnings
Note: Diamonds are money, wealth, ends and means, something of value does not have to be actual money

Hmmm interesting pairing, don't you think? Let's think about possibilities here:

After a period of hard work and achievement you have reached a stable secure point in life, while this will not change in actuality, in life it represents a beginning of a new period...one of stability and financial security.

Ten can also represent a journey...in this case...let's interprete it as a financial journey...it has come to an end....it is stable....the Ace represents entering a new phase of security and way of life. So even though the elements of earth represent "stable, no change" I am saying that is related to finance and that will remain stable...while the Ace represents the fact that this indicates a new phase of life...one with financial security.

Anyone want to play with this idea? If so...post your pair here in this thread and and your explaination of it...!!!

Bernice

Ten of Diamonds= the end, completion of a cycle or period
Ace of Diamonds= brings beginnings
Note: Diamonds are money, wealth, ends and means, something of value does not have to be actual money
These are the same as the Hedgwych meanings, they've been online for ages. There's a full tutorial at their site, including card combinations;

Hedgewytchery - Cottage of the Hedgewytch
http://www.hedgewytchery.com/indexb.html

Bee :)

DragonFae

Yes the card meanings I use do come from Hedgewytchery (although I throw in my own ideas sometimes too) but the series I am referring to has to do with elemental dignities...

the above post is my attempt to combine card meanings with elemental dignities....adding another layer of depth to the reading.

Bernice

elemental dignities
We've been using these with non-senic pip decks. But the 'elements' we use are the original understandings of elements/temperaments not the modern ones that Alan Leo & Rider-Waite used - the 'popular' idea of what Fire, Earth, Water & Air.

I have used them with the playing cards = works great!

Bee :)