3 angels are diferent.

Corvinus

The angels in Temperance, Judgment and The Lovers are different angels.
What im wondering is who is who? What angels are these and whats the difference.

franniee

The Angel in the Lovers card is Archangel Raphael. He is the angel of air & communication, he is a healer, he is likened to Mercury - Air - Gemini. It is the card of the twins so it's about finding your other self.

The Angel in Temperance is Archangel Michael. He is the angel of fire and sun. This card is associated with Sagittarius. This angel watches over us, guides and protects us by helping us blend opposites.

The Angel in Judgment is Archangel Gabriel blowing his horn heralding a rebirth and renewal. He bestows strength.

Might I suggest going through the learning section at AT and going through Thirteen's meanings. They might help you. :heart:

meghandawson`

franniee said:
The Angel in Temperance is Archangel Michael. He is the angel of fire and sun. This card is associated with Sagittarius. This angel watches over us, guides and protects us by helping us blend opposites.

I was told that that card is associated with Cancer..? If not would you know what one is?
thanks!

rwcarter

meghandawson` said:
I was told that that card is associated with Cancer..? If not would you know what one is?
thanks!
In the Golden Dawn and Paul Foster Case (BOTA) systems, Temperance is associated with Sagittarius. In the CC Zain system (Brotherhood of the Light), Temperance is associated with Taurus.

In the GD and PF Case systems, the Chariot is associated with Cancer and in the CC Zain system, the Moon is associated with Cancer.

So whoever told you that Temperance was associated with Cancer must've been using yet a fourth system. And I'm sure there are many other systems.

Rodney

Abrac

A lot of different names and correspondences can be applied to the "angels" for a lot of different reasons, but when I read Waite I don't get the feeling he necessarily saw them as angels but rather "influences." For example, in his description of The Lovers he says, "The sun shines in the zenith, and beneath is a great winged figure with arms extended, pouring down influences." He doesn't even refer to this one as an angel.

When describing Temperance he refers to it as an angel but then says, "I speak of him in the masculine sense, but the figure is neither male nor female" which gives me the impression that though he may refer to something in one way he may do so simply out of convenience. By "angel" he may not mean angel in the conventional sense. This is further demonstrated in his description of Judgement.

"What is that within us which does sound a trumpet and all that is lower in our nature rises in response--almost in a moment, almost in the twinkling of an eye? Let the card continue to depict, for those who can see no further, the Last judgment and the resurrection in the natural body; but let those who have inward eyes look and discover therewith." Here he refers to the angel as something "within us."

Outwardly they are viewed as angels by a lot people, but I think for Waite (and myself) they may have represented something more akin to mystic principles.

KariRoad

meghandawson` said:
I was told that that card [Temperance] is associated with Cancer..? If not would you know what one is?
thanks!
A good clue as to the zodiacal association for XIV TEMPERANCE would be Letter 14 "Nun" (Phoenician/Hebrew) Scorpio.

Ancient names for Months which signify Scorpio are Arach-Samna and Cheshvan. I recommend a simple "Google" search to verify this information.

For the Month signifying Cancer, VIII JUSTICE, use the search words Du'uzu and Tammuz.

Simplicity generally triumphs over multiplicity.