Would the Magician make a good husband?

Mystica7

It totally depends on the woman...

I would actually most probably choose him over the Emperor.

A good King of Wands -or maybe- the King of Pentacles does it too.

I also like the King of Cups, but he must know how to bring up the sexy.

nisaba

You could never really believe the Magician. Where is he? What is he up to? Where did all that extra money at the end of the month *really* come from? Is he going to buy me the engagement ring I really want and showed him, or will he pick out something more expensive and flash, that I end up hating? Did he mean what he said, or is he hiding something? It's like looking into a mirror with a curtain over it - you never really can tell what you're looking at. If you like being continually surprised and off-balance, go for it. Personally, I'd hate it.

Thirteen

you never really can tell what you're looking at. If you like being continually surprised and off-balance, go for it. Personally, I'd hate it.
There is that about Magicians. They never like to reveal how they do their tricks. Mystery is large part of their allure. Which is yet another reason why a Queen/Swords wouldn't work out as a wife (again, friend, maybe yes, but wife, not likely). Because a Queen/Swords would say, "Give me the facts," and the Magician would prevaricate. And I've been exactly in that position where the Magician has prevaricated. Also in that position you mention where he bought me EXACTLY that engagement ring. Want to know what he said about it after I told him I'd marry him but needed a less flashy and expensive ring? He said: "I got you that because I wanted to make sure you knew I was serious. That says serious." Sometimes it is the thought that counts :D

And there are compensations to being with a Magician. A Magician will always keep you entertained, always be able to engage you in fascinating conversation, and always keep your intellect sharp. Your creative side will never go hungry so long as he's there to feed it with ideas.

As for what kind of person you'd hate to be with....I can tell you this. I've been on dates with those who had nothing interesting to say, who had not one new thought or idea to offer me, who never varied from their routines and schedules. They were utterly reliable, and completely unremarkable. Marriage to them would have been void of any surprises ever...and I would have hated that. Heck, I'd have chewed off my own arm to get out of such a marriage! :joke: So, while I will freely admit that I'm not always happy with being surprised, I, personally, will take that and over the opposite extreme.

Obviously, those aren't the only those two choices you can have in a partner...I'm just saying there are, from certain points of view, worst choices than a partner who can, day after day and year after year, even decade after decade of marriage....still surprise you. ;)

equeue

Depends what you're looking for.

He'd make a great handy-man. Would never have to call in a plumber or an electrician again. Imagine all the money you'll save on bills.

Being an independent kind of guy, he'd probably leave you to be pretty independent yourself - so you wouldn't feel chained. But be warned: don't ask him to give up all his Saturday evenings to be with you. He'll want to go out and have fun with his friends.

He's got a nice sense of humour, and won't make mountains out of molehills.

If he matures nicely, he could be most pleasant to have around. If he doesn't mature, you may be stuck with a little kid for a husband.

I like this interpretation - want to add my boyfriend is a plumber and very mechanically inclined/handy and this card comes up for him on occasion when he is focused on work/projects. He is also a little bit of a computer nerd.