Crystal Study Group: Hypersthene

wildchilde

This particular stone has been calling to me for awhile to work more closely with it so I thought I would open a study thread for it and see what happens next. I obtained a fairly large tumbled stone a few months ago and just fell in love with how it looks...hard to describe if you haven't seen one, but it has sort of a mirror like finish with darker bands that run through it and an iridescence that is very sparkly when held to the light.

I haven't really found a lot of metaphysical information about this stone, I have seen this posted on thatcrystalsite.com:
Hypersthene is a brilliant stone for those who are looking for answers. Just having a piece in your pocket can bring answers effortlessly being in a meditative state makes them appear all to easily. Hypesthene is also good for people who are overly critical or irritable. It reduces the negative aspects of pride, bring self respect. It is a good stone for relationships, both personal and business. Clairaudience is enhanced, bringing information from the spiritual realm. It opens the door to the unlimited and desired opportunities to which it is directed.

Chakras: All
Astrological sign: Libra, Sagittarius

and my Love is in the Earth book by Melody has this additional information:
Hypersthene can be used to diminish acidity of the stomach, to decrease pain, to lesson tension in the limbs and shoulders, and to treat fever, spasms, far-sightedness, and over-activity of the pituitary gland. It has been used in the dispersal of growths. it has also been used to ameliorate painful conditions of the Achilles tendon.

So with all that, though, I am really not sure why it is calling to me as I don't really have any of these physical or emotional conditions pressing right now, and don't have any specific question to be answered that I am aware of. Of course, there is always the possibility that something will surface once I start looking! So I will see what happens.

All I know is this stone won't leave me alone...I just got a few beads of it for jewelry making purposes and instead of thinking about what I can make to put on my etsy store all I can do is think about making myself a necklace of it...I even ordered more larger pieces of it to do just that! LOL And now I am impatiently waiting for them to arrive so I can actually do it and start the process. Meanwhile, I think I will try hanging out with the tumbled stone and the beads I've already got and see if anything comes my way.

Anyone else have experience with this stone to share while I am trying to get it together?? I am extremely interested in what this stone has to say.

wildchilde

just adding some pics of this cool looking stone...one correction, it appears I misspoke earlier...the banding is not the darker part of the stone but the iridescent part as you will see in the pics below.

Attachments

• hypersthene tumbled.jpg
    hypersthene tumbled.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 191
  • hypersthene bands.jpg
    hypersthene bands.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 186
  • hypersthene beads.jpg
    hypersthene beads.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 191

wildchilde

well, I have been hanging out with my tumbled hypersthene since I began this thread. I have kept it in my pocket or under my pillow while sleeping. So far, I still can't figure out exactly what it is that attracts me to it or why I am supposed to be working with it, but I have really enjoyed having it around and perhaps have somewhat less arthritic type pain and have more energy (although both of these could also be related to weather changes so I'm not sure).

Meanwhile, I received the other beads I ordered (rounded rectangular pieces) and immediately made a necklace that also includes labradorite and dravite (brown tourmaline), and some matching earrings of hypersthene and labradorite. I am enjoying wearing it, but fear it may be too "heavy" after awhile and also I feel a lot of heat coming from it which generally makes me uncomfortable when I wear jewelry. I hesitated using the dravite as this can sometimes be too strong for me (funny enough, black tourmaline is my absolute favorite gemstone, but it just didn't seem to go right with this set so I used the dravite instead).

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• hypersthene necklace.jpg
    hypersthene necklace.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 186
  • hypersthene earrings.jpg
    hypersthene earrings.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 178
  • hypersthene set.jpg
    hypersthene set.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 181