How do you store your rocks and crystals?

Amsonia

looking at those jewelry boxes on ebay made me remember a similar wood silverware chest I have that I store pictures in...so I pulled it out to put my rocks in...it's not exactly what i want, and actually is probably too big, but for now it does get them all in one place and off the top of the dresser, although the top of the dresser is now consumed by a huge box :( The thing is, I want to find something with drawers but without a hinge lid top, so i can still put stuff on top of the drawers, so I will keep looking for something along those lines...I've been enjoying the pictures, so many great set ups and ideas, keep them coming :)

Laura Borealis

Do a search for "apothecary chest". I'd link but I'm on my mobile and the search will show you more examples anyway. I'd LOVE an apothecary chest...

Ayram

looking at those jewelry boxes on ebay made me remember a similar wood silverware chest I have that I store pictures in...so I pulled it out to put my rocks in...it's not exactly what i want, and actually is probably too big, but for now it does get them all in one place and off the top of the dresser, although the top of the dresser is now consumed by a huge box :( The thing is, I want to find something with drawers but without a hinge lid top, so i can still put stuff on top of the drawers, so I will keep looking for something along those lines...I've been enjoying the pictures, so many great set ups and ideas, keep them coming :)

I know I actually have been looking for you since you first mentioned that! I thought what would be ideal would be a floor-standing jewelry armoire but they ALL seem to have hinged tops for some reason! :( Can you show us a pic of your wooden box on your dresser? Maybe you miss seeing the crystals laid out and the brightness over your dresser compared to anything that might feel a bit depressing? I haven't figured out where to put mine either. But I do like both my dresser and my little white antique vanity-ish thingie to be clutter-free if I can help it (I'm a pig mind you but I like to know that the whole room can feel clutter-free when I do decide to clean and make it all look nice)! ;) Right now my box is blocking the bottom 1/3 of my bedroom TV on the TV console! Now that's pathetic!

I have all these questions I need to pose at some point but one of them is whether it's "okay" to move a crystal grid around when one needs to! If it's all done and set up should it be left alone?? Because not having a good setup/altar anywhere in this house (certainly not in one of the main rooms with kids around - and I gave my 3rd son my little hobby room/guest room so there went that), the grid will have to be moved out of the way sometimes so I can get to something! That's pretty sad. I think it's time to come up with something more permanent.

Metra

right now I have a 'comfortable amount' of crystals so i just keep them on my windowsill in my room. as i gain more of a collection i'd like to have an altar for them or a cute cabinet

Amsonia

I know I actually have been looking for you since you first mentioned that! I thought what would be ideal would be a floor-standing jewelry armoire but they ALL seem to have hinged tops for some reason! :( Can you show us a pic of your wooden box on your dresser? Maybe you miss seeing the crystals laid out and the brightness over your dresser compared to anything that might feel a bit depressing? I haven't figured out where to put mine either. But I do like both my dresser and my little white antique vanity-ish thingie to be clutter-free if I can help it (I'm a pig mind you but I like to know that the whole room can feel clutter-free when I do decide to clean and make it all look nice)! ;) Right now my box is blocking the bottom 1/3 of my bedroom TV on the TV console! Now that's pathetic!

So I just took some pictures, horrible pictures with my chromebook...but then looked at them and realized, they didn't really show what they needed too. See, here's the thing, so this is happening in my spare room...the furniture in there is from when I was a girl...white iron day bed, white dresser with gold trim (with a purple scarf on top, and some junk at the moment)...if you grew up in the 70s and early 80s you know what I mean. Anyway, the big box I found with the drawer (the siverware chest) is on the dresser, and this box is dark brown...it is HUGE...it really wont work. OK, it's picture number three...but you won't really get the scale of how big this thing is.

I have this little 'bar' shelf thing in that room, it doesn't really 'go' with the white furniture, but it is small enough to fit in that space and not stick out into the room...it looks bigger than it is as it is only about 8" deep. And I have a framed picture above that I don't want to cover. Ideally I could maybe find a 2 drawer thingy that would fit in the space below the 'bar'...where the white lotus bowl is. I recently made this little 'bar' or fold down desk into my tarot cabinet...I need a better picture of it, but anyway...I really want to keep everything in that location and NOT on the white dresser. Actually I'd like to get rid of the old white dresser...but that's another story.

So I'm not really 'used' to anything in this room, as it is only a room I go into once in a while (well more now that I moved my Tarot into it...but actually, now that I'm in there more, I think that's why I want to start changing it around...get rid of the dresser, get a comfy reading chair, make it my 'escape' room. We hardly have company stay over anyway anymore...

Oh and since I realized I could take pictures with my chromebook, I took the required selfie... :cool3:

Attachments

• IMG_20160929_201737.jpg
    IMG_20160929_201737.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20160929_202008.jpg
    IMG_20160929_202008.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20160929_201500.jpg
    IMG_20160929_201500.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 141

Padma

The thing about crystals, though, is they love light, space, and being out and about. Drawers suffocate...

Amsonia, thanks for the selfie, Mother of Trees! So nice to see you :love:

Amsonia

The thing about crystals, though, is they love light, space, and being out and about. Drawers suffocate...

Hi Padma :livelong:

spookygirl

I have most of my gemstones in a Crown Royal bag in my tarot drawer along with some snake skins and incense. I have a few for creative purposes in a little soy sauce dish I got some time ago, they sit at my desk with a fake candle from my wedding. Then I had two romance/love type stones in a Buddha offering dish my husband has in our bedroom, but just recently moved them to a box with my Love Tarot cards. I know I have what I think is turquoise (possibly dyed howlite...) in my co-workers desk so I can try and help her through the day even though I quit. lol

But I LOVE the origami boxes! my mom saved all my origami paper from my eighteenth birthday party and now seven years later it has a purpose.

linnie

What Padma said... They really need to get out and see and feel the sunshine and moonlight, a rain shower (not dissolvable ones), lightning etc... it charges the beautiful things up so they don't lose their sparkle :)