Altar locations? Creative ideas? Space issues or not - show photos please!

Hemera

I do worry that the sunlight through my clear quartz will set fire to something...reassure me please someone...
I've heard of someone whose car seat was damaged this way. They had a large(-ish?, not sure how big) crystal on the seat and parked the car for a while to go shopping. Sun shone through the crystal and burned a hole on the seat.

Tanga

So here's a present photo of my Upasht Altar.
N.B. - she's made of malachite so it is a crystal Altar. :)
She sits in the middle shelf of my walk-in closet, which has a window on one side - but
there's still not much light there and real flowers usually rot, so I use false ones.

Attachments

• UpashtA.jpg
    UpashtA.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 171

FinoAllaFine

Absolutely loving all of these photos!

Enviado desde mi LT30p mediante Tapatalk

Luna's Crone

Where I live I have a little shelf where my crystals are currently lying unorganised. Maybe it's time to put them into a grid and include some kind of intention in there. What function do the candles serve in an altar? The shelf is in a wooden wardrobe so I wouldn't want to burn candles in there if avoidable. Would it be enough to set an intention for the grid, decorate the immediate surrounding area and let it do its thing?

I've never made one before :)

crystal and quartz where born in chaos, so why make a grid to put them in. if no negative feelings when with them. leave them alone. they can work together then.

Luna's Crone

Then...

6) Dark Altar. This is a "working Altar" i.e. I change some of the display and put things on it
whilst doing spellwork etc. (The large ball is Selenite called BiancaNeive/SnowWhite, Obsidian mirror, Spelerite and Rainbow Obsidian eggs, Tiger Iron palmstone and mini ball, Onyx wolf, Large Smokey Quartz point, Black Tourmaline tumble stone, Smokey Quartz and Obsidian skulls, Blue Goldstone heart).
7) Crystals and Peyote Skull. Himalayan salt candle holder, Orange Calcite ball, Amethyst tray, Magnetized Hematite ball pair, Rose Quartz, petrified wood, Desert Rose. Lights in a jar at the back.

One Altar in the garden has Crystals on it... will photograph that later... when it stops raining.
(It's my "working Altar" in the garden).

is the sugar skull done in beads!!?? is it glued or peyote or what!!!????

Luna's Crone

really loved your alters! even tho I am a naturalist (scientist, i guess, prefer these terms because of no dieties) i have an altar in my kitchen and its big, a mess but i love it. My big old crystal is on there with my favorite stones, rocks, quartz and whatever. Appropriate gifts are on it too. Its just a big loveable mess. LOL I have a tiny own in my sewing room with my glass ball, a sliced be of blue lace agate, perfect for a sewing room.

But my big ole chunk of crystal is all i every work with. Its also a natural rainbow because of internal flaws and i just love that. It sits on a tile with the fertility goddess on it. NOw i am 64 and i certainly DON'T want to be fertile. So she hasn't been a problem so far. LOL Once i rearrange my bed room. one will go back in there with all my pagan books and stuff.

I have been a naturalist since i was 8. I think childhood would have been unbearable if it wheren't for trees rocks and Luna. Then as i got older I started to think of Mother Earth and later, Gaia. They always have been my only source of true love. I am also a pagan in the true sense of the word: I am of the country and I work the earth.

sorry I do go on.

Tanga

is the sugar skull done in beads!!?? is it glued or peyote or what!!!????

Yes - it's beads - I imagine it's glued... though whether that's with a "traditional bone glue" or
a tube from the shop I wouldn't know.
I got it at the British Museum - seeing as I'm not ever likely to travel there.
(too much hassle with my little medical problem of being allergic to UVA. Lol. I don't go on holiday much anywhere these days. My condition is called Polymorphic Light Syndrome).
The label said Peyote Indian - so I assume Peyote - is the tribe (and also the name of the cactus plant that we know as a hallucinogen that they use).

Padma

I have my own altar set up with Ganesh, Shiva, and Lakshmi. I am not really religious, but those deities are very pleasing to me in their meanings :)

I am a crystal hound, so of course the altar is littered with them! I have this altar in my dining room, atop the cutlery/napkin/placemat dresser (belonged to my old grandfather, I repurposed it).

ETA I really enjoyed everyone else's altar pics! All beautiful :heart: :love:

Attachments

• Altar.jpg
    Altar.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 265

Redfaery

I have a shrine/altar to Lady Saraswati, my patron goddess. It's by my bed, as that's the only place I have for it. There are more crystals on it than I had planned...

3540f809cefb2156c9acffb1a2a6d206.jpg

Tanga

I have my own altar set up with Ganesh, Shiva, and Lakshmi. I am not really religious, but those deities are very pleasing to me in their meanings :)

...too dark so see Padma - except for Shiva. :)

I have a shrine/altar to Lady Saraswati, my patron goddess. It's by my bed, as that's the only place I have for it. There are more crystals on it than I had planned...

3540f809cefb2156c9acffb1a2a6d206.jpg

Love that rolling green dragon - is it made of crystal or glass?