4/Cups, 4/Pents and Queen of Wands

Miradeck

Reversed 4/Cups, 4/Pents and Queen of Wands

Dear fellow tarot readers,

This is part of a 6-card layout and I'm having trouble trying to interpret 3 cards, namely reversed 4/Cups and Queen of Wands as actions, and 4/Pents as the influencer position.

I tend to see 4/Cups as a passive card, uninterested, unmotivated even though the cup is offered to him. But in the reverse position, it seems to indicate potential review of the stagnant situation, relooking at opportunities? I feel there are many interpretations offered for the Reversed 4/Cups that some tend towards positive comments and some very negative, including throwing all opportunities away and being completely aloof as one has emptied all their cups. How would you interpret this card with this combination?

And standing in the influencer position is the 4/Pents which reads selfishness and keeping to oneself or even letting go of past behaviour. These 3 cards all seem to be quite different so I'm wondering how I can read them when pieced together, especially with the reversed 4/Cups and QoW as actions.

I'm inclined to read it as, the party is reviewing the whole situation (rx 4/Cups) and thinking if she should let go of past behaviour (4/Pents) and decide to be more forthcoming in her desires (QoW) instead.

Would appreciate any other interpretations please. Thank you :)

IndigoWaves

The 4C and 4P are actually fairly similar, stability-wise; they suggest a person who is neither reaching out for something new, nor letting go of what's already possessed, emotionally and physically... Considering these cards, this particular Queen of Wands just seems to be doing her own thing and passionately ruling the realm that she knows now, not seeking new ones to conquer or accepting any influx; outsiders might not detect her fiery energy or receive activity at all. Queens can be very standoffish, as well, so those who wish to impose their own will or otherwise try to distract/extract her from this "bubble" may simply be ignored.

Miradeck

The 4C and 4P are actually fairly similar, stability-wise; they suggest a person who is neither reaching out for something new, nor letting go of what's already possessed, emotionally and physically... Considering these cards, this particular Queen of Wands just seems to be doing her own thing and passionately ruling the realm that she knows now, not seeking new ones to conquer or accepting any influx; outsiders might not detect her fiery energy or receive activity at all. Queens can be very standoffish, as well, so those who wish to impose their own will or otherwise try to distract/extract her from this "bubble" may simply be ignored.

Dear IndigoWaves,
My sincere apologies in posting the wrong card, I had misread the reversed 4/Cups as 4/Cups as I'm using the Balbi deck in which the cups appear to be same in both positions. I have edited my original post with my interpretations and would appreciate if you could review them and offer your comments again. Thank you.

Farzon

I agree with IndigoWaves: it's about stability.

The 4 of Pentacles shows that the querent prefers a position of stable power and control but that might just be the cause of her troubles or problem. The appearance of another 4 supports this impression.

Even if I don't read reveals usually, I would come to a similar conclusion concerning the other two cards because of their conflicting elements:

The querent is advised to behave more easy-going, passionate and active (Queen of Wands). The 4 of Cups rx would also indicate that she should leave her comfort zone. She has outgrown a way of life and it's time for a change.

However, the two fours strengthen each other against the dynamic queen so it will be quite an effort. But here it's necessary to look at the rest of the reading.

IndigoWaves

Dear IndigoWaves,

My sincere apologies in posting the wrong card, I had misread the reversed 4/Cups as 4/Cups as I'm using the Balbi deck in which the cups appear to be same in both positions. I have edited my original post with my interpretations and would appreciate if you could review them and offer your comments again. Thank you.
Well, the 4C Rx could mean that this Queen is feeling rather restless and looking for new emotional energy... But the 4P "influencer" may override any such intentions. She might still wish to stay with what she knows and excels at, even if it currently bores her stiff.

headincloud

4C rx, queen W, 4p

With the Queen W in the action position she's so full of it this seems to indicate coming out of a rut or period of withdrawal and discontent in the rx 4C and the 4P suggests rigidity or a block which is pointing back to the 4C.

Miradeck

The querent is advised to behave more easy-going, passionate and active (Queen of Wands). The 4 of Cups rx would also indicate that she should leave her comfort zone. She has outgrown a way of life and it's time for a change.

However, the two fours strengthen each other against the dynamic queen so it will be quite an effort. But here it's necessary to look at the rest of the reading.

Thanks Farzon, I agree with your individual analysis of the cards. I might read it a little differently as 4/Cups rx encouraging her to leave her comfort zone, with 4/Pentacles holding her back but eventually, the action that she'll take is to be more passionate and be a goal getter.

Miradeck

Well, the 4C Rx could mean that this Queen is feeling rather restless and looking for new emotional energy... But the 4P "influencer" may override any such intentions. She might still wish to stay with what she knows and excels at, even if it currently bores her stiff.

Thanks for the explanation IndigoWaves. Hmm, potentially so but the action came out as the last card hence I might read it a little differently as 4/Cups rx encouraging her to leave her comfort zone, with 4/Pents holding her back but eventually, the final action that she'll take is to be more passionate and be a goal getter.

Miradeck

4C rx, queen W, 4p

With the Queen W in the action position she's so full of it this seems to indicate coming out of a rut or period of withdrawal and discontent in the rx 4C and the 4P suggests rigidity or a block which is pointing back to the 4C.

Thanks headincloud, this is similar to what I would re-interpret after the feedback.

IndigoWaves

Thanks for the explanation IndigoWaves. Hmm, potentially so but the action came out as the last card hence I might read it a little differently as 4/Cups rx encouraging her to leave her comfort zone, with 4/Pents holding her back but eventually, the final action that she'll take is to be more passionate and be a goal getter.
I guess that I'm stuck on that 'Influencer' position: If a person is being influenced by 4P energy, which is all about holding on and holding back, it's difficult for me to envision that energy leading to a very different "action" of visible ambition/reaching out for something new... Queens all contain a dose of Water, too, with its potential for external inactivity, so it isn't unheard of for a Queen of Wands to not be a "go-getter", in an outer sense. Sometimes she channels her fire into a lively imaginary realm, for example -- which would seem to fit with the restless but still Watery and likely still internalized 4C Rx experience. (Just some more thoughts, here...)