Introduction to Golden Dawn Qabalah

Scion

Teheuti said:
To continue off-topic: Can anyone suggest a really good book in English that explains and demonstrates the use of another system of Qabalah+Tarot for both pathworking and adding depth of meaning to a tarot reading?
William Gray's material does both. Let me dig on my shelves and see which is a good snapshot of his system.

edited to add: Both Qabalistic Concepts and Growing the Tree Within offer a systematized exploration of Qabalah & Tarot using Gray's idiosyncratic attributions. But caveat lector :D it's heady stuff, not for the faint of heart or halt of spirit.

That said, for coyoteblack's purposes I think that Case or Ashcroft-Nowicki are actually what he's looking for: GD-based material presented as a kind of syllabus that takes you into the subject gently but firmly.

Moonbow

As to coyoteblack's enquiry about versions of Kabbalah and Tarot combinations, it may be worth reading through the following thread which I found extremely helpful:

Kabbalah/Tree of Life system... and Tarot

I found basilikon's post particularly informative as he was writing from the perspective of someone who was a Kabbalah student first and Tarot student second.

coyoteblack

Thank you all for this wonderful information.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

I was reading your comments in that thread MoonBow it is funny but your were going through exactly work for word what I am going through now.

also which book from Case is good?

coyoteblack

Tehuti said:
. Wald Amberstone from the Tarot School in New York is one of these people.

I was at the Tarot Studio and Picked up World's pain free Qabalah and book By Rachael Pollack dealing with the Tree of life( both are packed in my storage shed waiting my house to be built)

Does any one know if is a good course?

tantricknite

All of Walt Amberstones audio lectures on C.D. are good. His lectures on the Major and Minors are in MP3 format. I listen to them as I have a long commute everyday . The format is a discussion with Walt and some of their students on various tarot topics. He has a whole course covering the court cards thats outstanding. I believe he has lectures on the Kabbalah but I haven't gotten them yet.........

MysticTree

Teheuti said:
To continue off-topic: Can anyone suggest a really good book in English that explains and demonstrates the use of another system of Qabalah+Tarot for both pathworking and adding depth of meaning to a tarot reading?

Mary

I have not seen in print which Qabala system Ted Andrews follows, but his Simplified Magic and more to the point his More Simplified Magic (Dragonhawk Publishing, 1998) provides a systematic look at the Tree of Life and pathwork that is more shamanistic than any of the BOTA lessons I have done to date. He does use Tarot in his pathwork but it is far from his primary focus.

I began my journey with Kabbalah with these books and have moved on to become a student of the Golden Dawn system. Still I move back to Andrew’s second book for reference and occasional work.

Heidi Snelgrove