Deviant Moon

ScorpioRegen

I trimmed my original bordered version and blacked the edges as a travel deck, it looks fantastic I reckon :)

Have attached a couple images for you.

oh WOW! you have done a great job! stunning, the 4 of swords jumps out at me like sleeping beauty!

Im off to order the borderless deck :D

ScorpioRegen

yes it is very intuitive and if you saw in my video about why I love the deck I talk about how for me it acts as a doorway to my subconscious, because of the dreamy fringe dweller kind of imagery...

Love the review, and its great to connect with you here :D

ScorpioRegen

I absolutely love the Deviant Moon. There's nothing quite like it. I don't find it sick. Quite the opposite; I find it healing. A very truthful deck, the images pack a punch in a way that reads crystal clear and in a way that really stays with you (they don't leave your mind; they keep working with you, transforming you). I also love the aesthetic of the sepia toned night, the playful pops of color here and there, the moon people that seem to glow, the different moon phases in the background. It's a deck that feels almost carnivalesque in its vibe, and yet its inhabitants are all very approachable and the overall feel of it is very down to earth once you get to know it. It also has the perfect ratio of creepy cuteness, making it both cozy and yet very badass. Somehow it never grows old. It is a very enchanting, inspiring deck and it feels very alive. Very balanced too, perfect for any mood (serious and deep when it needs to be; or fun, whimsical, more casual, etc).

you sum this up so well, this is definately the kind of connection Im searching for with a deck.

I don't own the book, but I will probably get it someday. I can echo the same reccomendations for the borderless edition. The images are crisp and large, and the quality is wonderful (the edges don't chip like crazy as with some other decks). The artwork is beautiful behind the screen, but there's truly so much to appreciate when you see it in person... each little teeny sparkle of starlight peppering the skies, every stone brick and furrowed brow.. There is so much to explore.
this really helps...Im SOLD lol....

But it really is becoming one of my go-to decks this year. Again, it just has this oomph to it that I don't feel as much with some other decks. Very clear voice.
This is good to hear, very encoraging as I dont want another deck sitting in a pouch or a shelf lol

Luna's Crone

i love the 2 of cups, but my favorite is the chariot card.

RiverRunsDeep

Some of us (cough) started out finding it creepy but now adore it, even finding it cute!

I own the borderless copy, and this has been my experience as well. I don't find the deck "cute", but I do adore it! Initially, I found the artwork to be heavyhearted and off-putting. Then, I started using the deck for shadow work, and....BAM!!! Everything fell into place. These cards are brutally honest, and strip messages down to the bare bones of what I need to hear. It is like listening to a stern parent who knows what is best for me. I'm horrified to think I was once considering trading this deck; there is no way I would part with it now!

The companion book is on my wish list because, why not? It looks absolutely amazing! However, the deck is easily and perfectly readable without the book.

rylla

I'm not a fun of deviantart, I don't like creepy deck or really dark ones. I avoid buying them. I was so taken away with the beauty and art of this deck I did not realized its 'creepiness' or dark side until people mentioned it. Personally it never bothered me. So I wouldn't go by the reviews. If the imaginary attracts you - the deck isn't really that scary for everybody. I have a copy with borders, one borderless, one trimmed. I prefer the borderless. The LWB is quite good but it's just an LWB. The book describes the vision of the artist re. the images used and sometime the process of making a card. I love that, as the meaning of the tarot cards are already described in so many other books. The artist does give a description of the meaning of the cards as well (which is basically the same as the standard tarot decks'). For me, the book value is in its beauty (wonderful colored images) and the artist's explanation of the imagery used.
This might give you an idea if you want the book or not.

Gwynydd

I have the borderless edition, and have blacked the edges. It looks amazing! Can't wait to get the book. Normally I order these things from Book Depository, but I think it'd be worth spending the extra to get a signed copy.

rabidwolfie

I have the bordered and borderless version of the Deviant Moon deck and I agree with everyone else that says go with the borderless.
I LOVE this deck. Dark, yes. Twisted, certainly. Sick? Absolutely not.

The deviant moon is, for me, one of the most easily read intuitive decks I've ever owned. It has a playful side, but it's very straight forward and easy to understand.

I do not have the book yet and I don't know if I ever plan to get it or not. But I read the deck perfectly well without it.

I'll be the first to admit that this deck is not for everyone, but for those it IS for, it's a perfect fit.