Deviant Moon

ScorpioRegen

I own the borderless copy, and this has been my experience as well. I don't find the deck "cute", but I do adore it! Initially, I found the artwork to be heavyhearted and off-putting. Then, I started using the deck for shadow work, and....BAM!!! Everything fell into place. These cards are brutally honest, and strip messages down to the bare bones of what I need to hear. It is like listening to a stern parent who knows what is best for me. I'm horrified to think I was once considering trading this deck; there is no way I would part with it now!

The companion book is on my wish list because, why not? It looks absolutely amazing! However, the deck is easily and perfectly readable without the book.

I like this idea as the RW deck for me has too many interpretations (symbolisim) or fluffyness so if you want it,(looking for it) and lets face it when reading for ourselves its easy to fall in to that trap. So to have a solid deck that rocks you to the core good or shadow is more than I have experienced...I hope the post man arrives soon

ScorpioRegen

i love the 2 of cups, but my favorite is the chariot card.

yet to see that image so cant comment, but look forward to it the 2 of cups is heartfelt for me .Oh yes Ive gone and ordered my deck...shinny shinny cant wait to recieve it

ScorpioRegen

I'm not a fun of deviantart, I don't like creepy deck or really dark ones. I avoid buying them. I was so taken away with the beauty and art of this deck I did not realized its 'creepiness' or dark side until people mentioned it. Personally it never bothered me. So I wouldn't go by the reviews. If the imaginary attracts you - the deck isn't really that scary for everybody. I have a copy with borders, one borderless, one trimmed. I prefer the borderless. The LWB is quite good but it's just an LWB. The book describes the vision of the artist re. the images used and sometime the process of making a card. I love that, as the meaning of the tarot cards are already described in so many other books. The artist does give a description of the meaning of the cards as well (which is basically the same as the standard tarot decks'). For me, the book value is in its beauty (wonderful colored images) and the artist's explanation of the imagery used.
This might give you an idea if you want the book or not.

I appreciate your thoughts here, I relate to the mindfullness totally, but the natural curiosityI cant ignore will lead me to some other point of view no doubt....but isnt that what the tarot teaches us lol...My inital apprehension has been thwarted by my natural curiosity ( and healthy encouragement here) to take the plunge and buy...I just hope that i havnt built my expectations so high now I find dissapointment with it!!

Thank you for explaining so well the mixed feelings this deck may give you

ScorpioRegen

I have the borderless edition, and have blacked the edges. It looks amazing! Can't wait to get the book. Normally I order these things from Book Depository, but I think it'd be worth spending the extra to get a signed copy.

I find this a worthy note,f I wasnt in the UK id indulge but shipping to uk is crazy! :(

ScorpioRegen

I have the bordered and borderless version of the Deviant Moon deck and I agree with everyone else that says go with the borderless.
I LOVE this deck. Dark, yes. Twisted, certainly. Sick? Absolutely not.

The deviant moon is, for me, one of the most easily read intuitive decks I've ever owned. It has a playful side, but it's very straight forward and easy to understand.

I do not have the book yet and I don't know if I ever plan to get it or not. But I read the deck perfectly well without it.

I'll be the first to admit that this deck is not for everyone, but for those it IS for, it's a perfect fit.

I really appreciate your guidance with this. All of you guys have echoed the same theme on this deck and, its, this kind of help on this forum that makes me appreciate(the time and effort you have spent with this deck and the diversity we all share) it amazes me, and teaches me at the same time!! Im sure this deck is going to do just that.....

ScorpioRegen

I have the bordered and borderless version of the Deviant Moon deck and I agree with everyone else that says go with the borderless.
I LOVE this deck. Dark, yes. Twisted, certainly. Sick? Absolutely not.

The deviant moon is, for me, one of the most easily read intuitive decks I've ever owned. It has a playful side, but it's very straight forward and easy to understand.

I do not have the book yet and I don't know if I ever plan to get it or not. But I read the deck perfectly well without it.

I'll be the first to admit that this deck is not for everyone, but for those it IS for, it's a perfect fit.

Ive gone all in and got both! beans on toast for me for the next few weeks lol...ah well it will help me focus! (imsearching for some home truths..ya know the ones noone else will tell you) Im glad everyone has not said 'sick' what an awful review its not just one either! anyway it appears the versitility of this deck is very appealing 50 shades of Grey maybe lol

ScorpioRegen

I have the borderless edition, and have blacked the edges. It looks amazing! Can't wait to get the book. Normally I order these things from Book Depository, but I think it'd be worth spending the extra to get a signed copy.

Great tip o the edging...Ive opted to order from the Wordery...UK shipping is a no no

G6

I've had the new borderless edition for about a year and just started using it this week. Wow, it's really receptive! I keep getting full narratives that are so easy for me to read/understand.

I don't at all get a creepy vibe from this deck. It's a bit Tim Burton, but in that same harmless fantasy way. For me, it has been a very friendly deck.

ScorpioRegen

I've had the new borderless edition for about a year and just started using it this week. Wow, it's really receptive! I keep getting full narratives that are so easy for me to read/understand.

I don't at all get a creepy vibe from this deck. It's a bit Tim Burton, but in that same harmless fantasy way. For me, it has been a very friendly deck.

Ive received mine and started using, im so glad i got the borderless as advised. I too think Tim Burton! using them I find they are 'quirky' and get me to think in a less traditional way. I never tought of the 3 of wands as cutting the umblibical cord, now its time to stop planning and start doing! The 3 legs in the 3 of swords is nagging me! I know its stability but I feel my intuition is trying to tell me something else. The images are amazing!

Luna's Crone

Has anyone got the Deviant Moon deck and the book? if so what are your thoughts on it? I was browsing yesterday and feel very attracted to it, and now contemplating buying it.

Some of the reviews on Amazon class this as a sick deck? and quite negative conotations to it? so i thought Id ask here to get a better temperature guage on this deck as I am really drawn to it.

I also had a sneak peak at the book and it looks amazing but wondered if its really neccessary to compliment the deck? or is it more around the author and his art work?

Its not creepy at all. Its actually a kinda fun deck. I mean they are like aliens and nothing is shown on that deck that can't be shown in public. my two favorites are 2 of cups and the chariot. i love that chariot.