Ceccoli Tarot..need opinions and help !

Ethereal

Hi all...I just purchased the Ceccoli tarot. The artwork is beautiful, and that main reason I purchased it. However, I'm having a hard time reading with it. The lwb isn't much help, there is no larger book to accompy the deck. Its mostly based off intuition. I read a lot intuitively, but this deck is not working for me. I want to keep it, love the art, the colors, but I REALLY want to be able to read with it. Wondering others opinion of the deck, did you have hard time reading with it, how you broke the log jam, if you did. Any suggestions to help me would be appreciated! Thanks all!

ana luisa

If I'm not mistaken, I believe LeFanu is crazy about this deck and reads really well with it. You could try and ask :) I have it and use it more like an oracle. One to three cards MAX. I'm still puzzled about the EYE thing which does not seem to bother anybody else :D My advice is: take one card, look at it and see what impressions it gives you. Write them down. Do not try to stick to the suit or number because I think they do not much at all. The really hard ones to crack, put aside and try at a later date. It's a process. And it's going to take time. But I agree, her art makes it worth it .

Ethereal

Ana Luisa: I agree its a process. I tried using this deck based on RWS, and the decks lwb, and it didn't resonate with me. Last night I did pull one card, and my intuition was way more spot on than the lwb description of the card. I am going to take your advice and pull a card and look at it. See what comes . I think using this deck more as an oracle would be much better. How does it work for you as an oracle? I totally agree, one to three cards max with this deck. I could never see doing a spread with it. Its going to take me time, I know it. Though I LOVE the card stock, the feel of the cards, easy shuffling, the colors and the artwork is beautiful. Ethereal.. No pun intended..lol. I just may ask le fanu...thanks for all the info!

G6

I just go off what the pictures say to me. My advice is to read off of the pictures and the feelings you get from the pictures. If I glance at which card it's supposed to be and that adds more to it that's a secondary layer. It seemed accurate from the feedback I received.

Ethereal

G6: yes, this is how I am going to read this deck, in the future. I personally think it would have been better as an oracle card, instead of a tarot deck. As I mentioned to AnaLouisa, I read only one card purely intuitively last night, and yes peeked at lwb meaning for the card. It did add on some, but what I got just looking at the card, I got way more. Thanks for your insight and help! I think we all on same page here.

Citrin

I love this deck so much! :)

For me it works best for spiritual, shadow work, and inner child questions. It's not very everyday practical, for me. But it reads very clear for me, and sometimes in a shocking way, giving me cards that really describe my feelings towards my mother and my inner child etc.

I think if you dig into the images, really study the cards, then you can make a pretty clear RWS connection, in my opinion. BUT... Just like most other people I do tend to read this more oracle style. I connect numerology and elements with the image to a certain extent, but I stay away from thinking too much about "traditional RWS meanings". :) Most of the time I just look at the image and see what it tells me. And get your energy into it, shuffle shuffle! :)

I'd advice you to dig into this deck, maybe for shadow work if that seems interesting to you. I used it for a week or more, exclusively, for this deck challenge on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0QaedZoAE and it was a very deep, healing, experience. I made a video about it if you want to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F--lDu5N0TU

So give it a chance, keep an open mind, but you know, sometimes a deck just isn't meant for you and then it might be time to trade it. ;) Good luck!

lark

Nice video Citrin.
And you are super cute. :)

I go back and forth still about buying this deck.
Nice to read your experiences Ethereal.

Mittkait

I use the deck more intuitively and create stories around the artwork. Does it follow the RWS system? Yes, to an extent. But it's better to let the images work on you first then take into account the RWS meaning. Do they build meaning between the two or does one take precedent over the other?

It strikes me as a very introspective deck. It isn't something that will be in your face about things. Incidentally, I can't wait for the Ceccoli Oracle deck that will be released in the next month.

Also the Beautiful Creatures deck also works in the same way.

ETA: If it helps, it is even better to look at the Ceccoli Tarot in the way that Robert Place envisions the minor suits. He takes into account Renaissance ideas at the time the cards were created. This changes the meanings a bit. In the system he uses:

Wands = Emotion
Air = Thought
Cups = Intuition
Pentacles = Sensation

I notice the Ceccoli very definitely uses this kind of system.

G6

G6: yes, this is how I am going to read this deck, in the future. I personally think it would have been better as an oracle card, instead of a tarot deck. As I mentioned to AnaLouisa, I read only one card purely intuitively last night, and yes peeked at lwb meaning for the card. It did add on some, but what I got just looking at the card, I got way more. Thanks for your insight and help! I think we all on same page here.

They are coming out with a Ceccoli Oracle soon. If the cards are the same size you could just make one big oracle deck out of both.

Likely though because it's an oracle they'll make the cards DOOR SIZE šŸ˜’

Maybe not though if LoScar is putting out the oracle deck.

We'll see...

Le Fanu

I'm not going to be much help. I mean it comes down to personal preferences. If it doesn't work for you, I wouldn't know how to make it work for you. For me, I just lay the cards out, don't follow RWS meanings but somehow they are there, embedded and subtle.

I haven't referred to the LWB. All I can say is that when I have done 4 or 5 card readings for people, this deck just always has very clear messages. I just go off the imagery. It's the only deck I really do this with. With other decks there is always a sense of some system but with this one I just lay out the cards and they sing. And it's always odd messages - odd but clear. It's also a deck that others have responded well too, a deck where others have looked at the pictures and responded well and come out with pertinent observations.

I don't quite know what it is about this deck. I don't feel a need for a book. It's my sort of deck. It is the only deck I can really just let go and feel uninhibited and read.