Ceccoli Tarot..need opinions and help !

Ethereal

More insight! A few people here have said its a deck they use more for spiritual and personal insight. I cannot agree more. I have been working with it more, and found although it can be read insofar as asking it insight on others, i don't think it reads as clearly in that regard for me, as well as RWS. RWS is my standby, go to, rock deck. I did read on others with RWS, got clear concise answer. Asked Ceccoli, got an answer also made sense, but a different take on the question that I also posed to RWS. Howrrver, when I ask Ceccoli spiritual personal insight for myself, its spot on. I think I am going to use it for more of those kind of questions for me. I guess its just personal taste, per individual. I have been reading everyone's opinion on the deck, and it has helped me immensely in regards to hints when reading with this deck. Again, I think it reads well, * out of the box,* as looking at images...tiny things.. Jar that intuition. Thanks all!

Le Fanu

I don't think it's an Oracle either [emoji3] Nor do I agree that 'it's not entirely tarot'. I had no idea people had such difficulty in taking this tarot on its own terms!

Mirra

It's on Amazon pre-order for like $12. I don't suppose they would repeat images.

I want to know card size.

According to LoS catalogue, the oracle cards measure 88 x 125 mm.

Dee Ell

I just got this deck in a trade and I just have to say WOW.

I had avoided it in the past because I kept confusing it in my mind with the artist's decks who did the Beautiful Creatures deck (which I find FAR too cutesy) - Jasmine something? Anyway, this thread made me look at the Ceccoli again, and after seeing Citrin's vid on it I added it to my wishlist.

It is even more impactful than I had hoped it would be for dealing with child abuse issues! I should think it could be a very effective tool for therapists to utilize in that arena...

I found the King of Clubs and 10 of Swords to be especially poignant.

But is it just me or does the Page of Clubs look TOTALLY out of place?!? (The others are all paintings but that card is a digital photo collage :/ )

IHeartRescues

I just got this deck in a trade and I just have to say WOW.

I had avoided it in the past because I kept confusing it in my mind with the artist's decks who did the Beautiful Creatures deck (which I find FAR too cutesy) - Jasmine something? Anyway, this thread made me look at the Ceccoli again, and after seeing Citrin's vid on it I added it to my wishlist. )

Lol I really can see how easy it would be to confuse the two. I have Jasmine Becket-Griffith's Les Vampires and really do like it more than her others. I don't have the others.

Now back to the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot: After reading Citrin's post and then watching her video, and then I watched Wild Moon Woman's COMPREHENSIVE vids referencing the cards w Nicoletta's books! as part of her review, this deck is BACK on my Wishlist. I really have gone back and forth on this one, but I really do see the cards connection w the tarot, so I would choose this over the Oracle deck.

lark

Now back to the Nicoletta Cecolli Tarot: After reading Citrin's post and then watching her video, and then I watched Wild Moon Woman's COMPREHENSIVE vids referencing the cards w Nicoletta's books! as part of her review, this deck is BACK on my Wishlist. I really have gone back and forth on this one, but I really do see the cards connection w the tarot, so I would choose this over the Oracle deck.
I'll have to watch Wild Moon Woman today and see if that opens this deck up for me a little more.
I too, have had this deck in and out of my cart a number of times...just don't know.
Thanks HeartsRescues

I do know...the little blonde girl looks exactly like my granddaughter...and that creeps me out ...but I will watch the youtubes...I guess if a deck cause this much indecision in my mind I might need to take a deeper look at it.

Achlys

Now back to the Nicoletta Cecolli Tarot: After reading Citrin's post and then watching her video, and then I watched Wild Moon Woman's COMPREHENSIVE vids referencing the cards w Nicoletta's books! as part of her review, this deck is BACK on my Wishlist. I really have gone back and forth on this one, but I really do see the cards connection w the tarot, so I would choose this over the Oracle deck.

I hope you end up liking it!
Yes, the imagery isn't necessarily conventional but the connections to the tarot structure are there.
Although I have to say that I love the Oracle deck as well. It reads like a dream!

IHeartRescues

I hope you end up liking it!
Yes, the imagery isn't necessarily conventional but the connections to the tarot structure are there.
Although I have to say that I love the Oracle deck as well. It reads like a dream!

Hi Achlys :: Whether it's conventional or not is never one of my considerations. Most of my decks are off the beaten path and I prefer that. If they take longer to learn to read well that's fine bc I look at the art first--that's just how I roll lol. So I am just trying to figure out whether I will be drawn to working w them. Theme-decks of children or dolls wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but this deck is both sweet and "not normal" ! And I can see most of the cards fitting a tarot reading w just a little effort.

Didn't someone here say the suits followed an older Renaissance style of meanings?
Wands-emotions, swords-thoughts, cups-intuition, discs-sensations is my recollection. Is this true? Does this work here?

So I hope LS keeps this deck published until I get around to it, but they have cancelled decks on us before lol. This one is SO popular and probably for good reasons so not too worried.

Hoping that Lilyfae (and i and some others) will be able to use them as more than object d'arts ! :)

Achlys

Didn't someone here say the suits followed an older Renaissance style of meanings?
Wands-emotions, swords-thoughts, cups-intuition, discs-sensations is my recollection. Is this true? Does this work here?

I've read with them with both the above connotations with the suits and the more "traditional" of Wands-Creative endeavors/Sexual energy/etc. Swords-Mind Cups-Emotions Discs/Pentacles-Physical health/Money/Careers and it's worked well in both situations. It's just a matter of your interpretation when conducting the reading, imo.

Lunaea

There's a thread here about it being Thoth-based but I personally do not agree with the premises. It is - in my opinion - simply itself. Vaguely RWS if you want it to be (this I can see) , Thoth if you want it to be (which I can't) but for me it is entirely Ceccoli. It'd be a shame to get tied up I trying to see Thothness in it. For Thothness I go to the Thoth.

Exactly so, Le Fanu. I wrote the LWB for this deck (and for those of you who want to toss it, toss away! with my blessings!). I'm not Thoth-y at all, so my first inclination was to see how the assigned cards fit RWS meanings. But as I worked on it, I found I had to get looser and looser in my own mindset. This IS a tarot deck, but it's rather like a tarot deck in a dream. In my opinion, the best way to work with it is to not compare it to traditional meanings too much, but just let the cards interact with you and with each other. It is what it is! :)