Buckland Romani - Lovers

LittleWing

what a wonderful card!! very intimate and sexy!

The owl shows this intamacy - Wisdom (their instinctive knowledge that they are meant to be together - they know each other).

the hedgehogs show that their protective barriers are down (no spikes) - they don't need to put up a front, and they trust one another completley.

They have come into the woods to be alone. I do not think they are married...... but im not sure. they are very much in love.

destinyawaitsme

I just had to reply to this thread. This has to be one of my most favorite cards in this deck!

The lush forest to me is a representation of fertility. After all, isn't that a big part of making love? Also, the couple are naked..in the woods at that showing their complete vulnerability. But they sacrifice their vulnerability to be with one another. After all The Lovers is about more than love and sex, it's also about making choices and sacrifices. And isn't shedding your "skin" for another person one of the largest sacrifices you can make? Yes, they are vulnerable as individuals, but together they are encapsulated in that forest...invincible....or at least they feel that way.

I love this card...it's so natural...so lovely.

DarkElectric

Geeze Louise, Destiny, what more can I add after that!

I picked up on the natural quality of this card. I love it too.
They are so comfortable being naked, outside and in daylight!
I think the hedgehogs might also remind us that love can be a prickly thing sometimes.

EminemsAngelBaby

Oh my God the lovers card. One of my favorites in the deck. To me I see so many echos between this and the 2 of cups. The boy and the girl have matured, the love has grown into a full fledged union, and a choice to enter into that state of vulnerability and divine grace. The protection show as the raven in the 2 has become the wisdom of the owl in the Lovers. The pink innocence of the roses has grown into the dark red of passion and commitment. Here they are nature, at one with itself. The two have become one.

Emeraldgirl

It;s more sweet than sensual to me although most peoples first recation to nakedness is sensual. They seem to be protecting each other and snatching precious moments away from the world together completely in tune to each other and natture. It screams true and pure love to me.

Disa

The first thing I thought was it is sensual. Not necessarily because of the nakedness, but because of the way they are holding each other. It's pure and true love, but I think it's passionate, too.

Wardi

I have always seen The Lovers as a card of choice, being presented with two options and needing to decide between the two. However, this card gives of (as was previously noted) a definite fertile love vibe, but it also gives off a sense of taboo. Something that needs to be hidden for it to exist.

Mi-Shell

For traditional Roma people it was and still is a sacred act to make love in Nature. It even seals the bond of mariageand ensures fertillity for the couple and their whole family.

Dancing Bear

I also see this card as surrendering, surrendering in complete trust..

being in the moment, completely aware of your immmediate surrounds, but nothing beyond what you are focused upon, the uniting into oneness.

Just absolutely gorgeous card. Very passionate,

KristinCali

As everybody else mentioned, this is one of my favorite cards in the deck. Actually one of my top favorite lovers cards ever. The greenery, oh how I love the greenery. To me there is nothing more beautiful than Mother Nature and to be making love surrounded by Mother Nature is such a sacred and glorious thing. Their poses are perfectly balanced between being considered sweet or being sexual.