Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 2 - #2

huredriel

MCsea said:
Element Orange Sapphire.
Discussion: A pinkish-orange colour this sapphire is also known as the "padparadscha" after the lotus blossom, and is a rare fiery gem. This gem traditionally aids in increasing hope, faith, intelligence, wisdom, prophecy and happiness. Mainly it aids in firing up optimism and attracts prosperity for the wearer. The Spirit, Colour and Energy of this element fits, mainly the self confidence and passion the flashy REDness - combines well with the passion in comedy - and lifting up emotions.
I wonder what chakra this would relate to ....... sacral/2nd? Especially with this being of the number 2?

huredriel

Karmic Symbol for Aries 2:

Dunno if this is ok to do, but copying in what I put for Aries 1:

Aries 1 A Woman has Risen out of the Ocean, A Seal is Embracing her.
Fire sign ........ number 1 ..... equates to the Magician ...... pure energy ...... masculine energy ....... yet the title is feminine ...... rising from the depths of the ocean ..... deep subconscious aspects ...... perhaps the merging of the masculine and feminine? A thought too of transformation ...... water to land ..... an evolutionary process ..... perhaps this is the embryonic stage? Like the aces in tarot ...... seeds, possibilities ...... taking the first faltering steps.

So here a move forward from 1 to 2 ...... from masculine to feminine ....... needing to leave the baby steps behind .... get stronger ...... use the fire to motivate and progress? And here I now see the transformation above (water to land) as tink27 mentioned:

tink27 said:
The midbrain is an older part of the brain (reptilian), which collectively developed. It is from the amphibian (water dweller) that we later evolved to land. As land dwellers, like babies we learned to crawl, which soon became second nature to us which initiated more elaborate movements such as pressing up and learning to stand. Then walking, running, jumping......

Tho if that's too much pasting etc. do let me know and I will remove :) - just trying to get brain round this lot!

mooncat2

:) Time to jump in and get my feet wet...........have been saying that since Elven first posted Aries 1.

Two is a number of duality.........division. Can be seen between on one side the comedian and on the other the group of friends.

Two is harmony, balance and cooperation............working together as a group, being part of group, happy to be that way.

The comedian stands alone..........he has the Oneness of Aries, the self..........set apart from the group even though he may be a member because of the role he is playing. He is the one who receives the attention of the others. His motivation may come from many different reasons but his intention is good.........he wants to entertain, make people laugh and have fun........to lift their spirits.

A joker in every pack.............there does seem to always be one.

Both sides need each other ..............the comedian likes an audience and the group wants to be entertained. Together they create an harmonious whole.

Times in our lives when we feel stressed and out of balance .........a need to draw on our own inner comedian and look on the funny side.

tink27

huredriel said:
Karmic Symbol for Aries 2:

Dunno if this is ok to do, but copying in what I put for Aries 1:

So here a move forward from 1 to 2 ...... from masculine to feminine ....... needing to leave the baby steps behind .... get stronger ...... use the fire to motivate and progress? And here I now see the transformation above (water to land) as tink27 mentioned:

Tho if that's too much pasting etc. do let me know and I will remove :) - just trying to get brain round this lot!

Hi Huredriel,

You can cut and paste to your heart's desire!!

After reading your post and mooncat2's as well...a thought, a word jumped in my head Emanation...the process of coming forth....proudly radiating, creating and acting out....amusing antics of how complex we really are ....projecting to others bursts of brilliiant creativity and stunning inspiration....that is subtle, potent and pivotal!

tink

MCsea

:)
Welcome mooncat2

I wanted to nod and say Im reading and agreeing and thinking we are all special gifted people, and how wonderful the symbols are!

MARINA

huredriel

Quest Symbol for Aries 2:
Aries 3 - A Cameo shows the Profile of a Man that suggests the ouline of his country.

Couple of thoughts I jotted down for this one ...... Empress fire ..... hearth and home ..... cameos are intricate, small, detailed ..... they take time ..... a masculine title again ..... so here I feel a flow from the feminine of Aries 2 to the masculine of Aries 3 (yet the feminine is still there ..... in the heart ..... stoking the internal fire, the inner drive so as to move forwards).

Patience still advocated perhaps though? In Aries 1 we had a move from water to land ..... an embryonic evolution if you will ...... here I feel a progression ..... an integration ...... becoming one with the land ...... the soil, roots and origins .... a merging of physical identity perhaps ..... sinking the roots down into the ground, becoming more easily identified on the outside surface ..... like how the physical body shows signs of experiences through life (eg. lines and wrinkles) if you will.

Does that make sense to anyone? Finding it hard to formulate my thoughts coherently on this one.

huredriel

mooncat2 said:
Both sides need each other ..............the comedian likes an audience and the group wants to be entertained. Together they create an harmonious whole.
Just a thought as I was musing over Aries 3 ...... 1 + 2 = 3 ...... the singular self + the group = the whole aka country outline?

huredriel

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 2 is:
Libra 2 - The Light of the Sixth race Transmutted to the Seventh.

Hmmm this title gets me a bit perplexed ..... but musing away here ...... brings to mind the following .....

Air ..... High Priestess ..... so calmness, patience ... mental energy ...... fire needs air to burn, to live ... if there isn't enough then the fire goes out ...... to much and the fire will rage out of control ...... so with this being opposite and in tension ..... perhaps indicative of giving just enough air so that the fire lives ...... emanates (love that word Tink) a steady heat ....... so maybe the air is setting the pace of progression as it were.

The title here brings to mind the scales .... balance, consideration ...... and absorbing ..... a race .. makes me think of when one country either invades or moves into another .... people integrate ... a mix of old and new ..... transmutted also feels to be absorbing .... although gentle, gradual ....... a willingness .... so although at tension, perhaps this sign is of caution ..... helping the move forwards of Aries 2 ....... taking all the old knowledge and experience, absorbing it....... before then creating the new ...... a thought pops in at that ....... and with the Quest being of Aries 3 ....... firing up the kiln LOL.

OK, feel free to tell me I'm turning into a nutter LOL!!!

tink27

huredriel said:
Quest Symbol for Aries 2:
Aries 3 - A Cameo shows the Profile of a Man that suggests the ouline of his country.

Couple of thoughts I jotted down for this one ...... Empress fire ..... hearth and home ..... cameos are intricate, small, detailed ..... they take time ..... a masculine title again ..... so here I feel a flow from the feminine of Aries 2 to the masculine of Aries 3 (yet the feminine is still there ..... in the heart ..... stoking the internal fire, the inner drive so as to move forwards).

Patience still advocated perhaps though? In Aries 1 we had a move from water to land ..... an embryonic evolution if you will ...... here I feel a progression ..... an integration ...... becoming one with the land ...... the soil, roots and origins .... a merging of physical identity perhaps ..... sinking the roots down into the ground, becoming more easily identified on the outside surface ..... like how the physical body shows signs of experiences through life (eg. lines and wrinkles) if you will.

Does that make sense to anyone? Finding it hard to formulate my thoughts coherently on this one.

Hi Huredriel,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameo

I had to look up Cameo to get a feel for this symbol. Since it is the Quest for symbol 2, I can't help but see it as the comedian's Signature (unique and individual, role, energy patterns that are magnified yet minimized, revealing their strengths/weakness, shadow and light - a symphonic union (blending their finest qualities) with the Earth's fabric, within matter.

tink

huredriel

Had another thought tink for the Quest ..... putting your mark .... or stamp upon the world around you, like the imprint of the face on a cameo?