Faery Seekers Circle Sign-up thread ~ September 4th to 30th Round

geministar

I am sooo glad I am seeing the end of winter here and I am so in need of a round a faerie exchange - it must be the warmer weather and the fae whispering in my here to come back :)

Like Jewel, Im wondering if I'll go ok in this round as I havent picked up my deck in a while. Should be a fun round though :)

faerylvr

If Grip Dellabonte is nervous I am happy to partner up there... and help ease some of the nervousness.

Alta

memries said:
My question is, may I use The Fey Tarot or is this some special kind of deck you use ?
Hi memries, this is for the Faerie's Oracle by Brian Froud. If you have the deck, you are very welcome!

Marion

Alta

Hi Grip and geministar! Glad to see you both and don't be nervous. It is always interesting.

Marion

Alta

faunabay said:
I'm beginning to get things back in gear again, but I think I better sit one more out. I'm kind of itching to do this round but feel I wouldn't beable to give it my full attention and it might be that one thing that puts me over the edge again. So better sit one more out. :(
Well, maybe next time then. I hope things ease up for you even more soon. :)

Marion

memries

Thank you Marion. I do have the deck but am not ready to use it yet. So will pass. Maybe at a later date.

Keavy McGee

Ready, Set...

***squeezes eyes tightly shut, pinches nose closed with both fingers, and cannonballs into the FSC pool***

I'm ready to play, too. I've been neglecting you-know-who and this will make them all SO happy!!!

Tchus!

Keavy McG

celticnoodle

I feel the draw to this circle, so sign me up too, please! did my faeries push me in this direction??? :laugh: however, i do have a few questions re: this-
(1) how often do we read for our partner?
(2) does the partner choose one of the two spreads given? just wondering how it all works.
(3) also, does my partner have to send me a request first on what to read about, or do I just read and then post it to them, hoping it makes sense to them?

Alta

celticnoodle said:
(2) does the partner choose one of the two spreads given? just wondering how it all works.
(3) also, does my partner have to send me a request first on what to read about, or do I just read and then post it to them, hoping it makes sense to them?
1. Just once each round. The rounds go for a month. so it gives a reasonable amount of time.

2. I would say each person gets to choose between the spreads. It wouldn't be required to both partners use the same spread. Just communicate.

3. Just talk to each other. Sometimes a person has a specific area of concern, and sometimes not. I would say with Option 1, the 'choice spread', that an choice needs to be the topic otherwise I don't see the reading making any sense. Option2 could be completely general.

Okay?

Welcome Keavy and celticnoodle!!!

Marion

Jewel

celticnoodle said:
Too add on to Marion's comments:

1. If you want to do more than one reading for your partner discuss it with your partner, I know I have participated in a round where more than one reading was done as my partner wanted to practice more.

2. I typically open the thread, introduce myself to my partner and ask them what type of reading they want and let them know what I am interested in the reading being about and my preference of spreads. I also ask them if they have another spread preference vs. the suggested spreads. Or if I have one I want to try out I ask them if I can.

3. Sometimes we PM back and forth to get to know eachother, and sometimes have open communication on the board. I usually like to get to know the person a little before doing the reading, and I ask clarification questions or for background on the situation if I feel I need it. Just talk to your partner as you would any friend you are reading for. I find that building a comfort zone with that partner makes the readings a lot more fun for me and them.

To all that are a little nervous, the bottom line is just relax and have fun, that is what they Faeries like best. They'll help you don't worry. This is a really fun group of people here, and you will find you will get a lot of encouragement, support, and a friendly partner. And the faeries just love these rounds!