Body, Mind, Spirit

skytwig

Jenny, how many cards do you lay out when you do the your 3 line spread?

Jenny-Li

I was only relating this to ms Pollack's disposition of the Major Arcana. That "disposition" is how she perceives/explains the whole set of Majors, and to me it's also a very good way of understanding different levels of human existence - the different lines correspond very well to the concepts of Body-Mind-Spirit.

The spread I was referring to was the same three-card-layout that the discussion started out with! :)

Jenny :)

Trogon

Diana said:
I mean, surely one knows what one is feeling in one's body, what's on my mind, and how I feel deep down inside? Wouldn't it be better to ask something like: What am I ignoring that my body wants to tell me, what should I really be focusing on, and what feelings am I denying?
Hi Diana,

I'm coming in a little late on this, but thought I'd toss in my 2 cents worth. On the occasions that I have done a 3-card Mind - Body - Spirit reading, this is exactly how I've approached it. As you said, from the aspect of what a person doesn't realize (or is ignoring) about their physical health, or other physical aspects of their life. Same thing with the Mind - thoughts, fears, feelings that are being ignored. Then, with the Spirit - I usually interpret it either as what their next step needs to be on their spiritual journey, or as something which is lacking or needs to be addressed for their spiritual well-being.

I hope this has helped to address your questions a little bit.