Making your own tree?

inanna_tarot

Ok, I think im starting to 'get' this kabbalah stuff. Its sinking it, I even had an AHA moment in some symbolism earlier on today. So im thinking perhaps I could make my own tree rather than just get a poster.

Whats the story of your tree? What advice would you offer to someone making their own? Did you just paint it in the traditional colours? or did you add words or symbols to it?

Id love to know :D

Always Wondering

Mine is an embroidery project that I started and maybe will pick up again, now that you mention it. I had started designing with the traditional western color attributes and got instantly flummoxed with Malkuth. How do I embroider the light that reflects all colors? Or black? I guess I am just a Chicken Qabalist too.

I will add the Hebrew Letters but beyond that it seems to snowball rather quickly.

I think it's a lovely idea though, and am hoping this thread will grow and I will be either be more inspired or learn to discriminate. :laugh:

AW

canid

What a great idea! I do a lot of beading & embroidery - next project I'll design my own Tree of Life. Like I need another project...

bradford

My favorite was a mobile.
Used it like a dream catcher.

inanna_tarot

AW i cant embroider for the life of me...

I can just about knit LOL.

Im not the most talented person creatively, so I need a bit of a strong idea of what im doing to get enthused enough to make my own tree. The idea is there but I just go argh I cant paint/draw/sew etc and give up lol.

canid

inanna_tarot said:

Im not the most talented person creatively, so I need a bit of a strong idea of what im doing to get enthused enough to make my own tree. The idea is there but I just go argh I cant paint/draw/sew etc and give up lol.

I'm sorry. I bet you can do lots of other things really really well. :p

Always Wondering

inanna_tarot said:

I can't paint or draw. That's why I embroider. :laugh:

The mobile sounds cool, Bradford. How creative. I didn't need another project either Candid. ;)

AW