recommend a spread for this?

Belladonna

I'm hoping someone can suggest a spread more suitable for my situation than the CC or horseshoe.

My husband and I are probably going to put our house up for sale. We live in the maritimes. I have a very strong urge to move to the southwest. I'd like to try to figure out if this is something I should really act upon, what may lie in store for us there, whether or not it would be good for us, that sort of thing.
I say "I" because it is my longing, not his, although he is not opposed to the idea.

Thanks in advance! Love and light to all! (HO HO HO)

HudsonGray

http://www.anjastarot.dk/spreads/choicestomake/TarotPathWaysSpread.htm

Try the Pathways spread (above), this gives info on two choices. One card group would represent your move to the southwest, the other card group would be another course of action.

The spread is a pretty good one. I usually pull an extra card at the end for each prong, with the thought of 'warnings to take heed of'.

jema

make you own spread.
only you know just what things you want some guideing on.
start with asking questions you want some answers on:
*my feelings towards a relocation
*husbands feelings
*stumbling-blocks along the way
*what can help us
*my feelings if we stay
etc...

make a few questions for selling the house too while you are at it.
you know best what you want to know.

Belladonna

Thank you both for your excellent suggestions. I think I may have to follow Jema's advice on this one- I don't think I can narrow it down to two distinct courses of action.
It sort of feels like a sea of possibility out there, and between my husband and I, I'm the only one with a very strong desire to head for a particular location. (We've been there before for a visit, but it's been several years)
This may sound superstitious, but I guess my question is along the lines of "Am I SUPPOSED to go there, or am I working against the current? Will it be good for us, or will we face obstacle after obstacle until I get the picture that it was not the course of action we should have taken?"
Thank you for your help!

HudsonGray

Well, with the pathways you don't need to decide in advance what paths it's going to show--just let the cards do that. The reading will be pretty easy to identify which is which. So you'd basically be laying it out thinking 'as things stand now, what are the two strongest paths facing me in this situation?'

Try it and see. Could be another comes to the forefront that you haven't realized yet.

ArwenNightstar

Belladonna said:
Thank you both for your excellent suggestions. I think I may have to follow Jema's advice on this one- I don't think I can narrow it down to two distinct courses of action.
It sort of feels like a sea of possibility out there, and between my husband and I, I'm the only one with a very strong desire to head for a particular location. (We've been there before for a visit, but it's been several years)
This may sound superstitious, but I guess my question is along the lines of "Am I SUPPOSED to go there, or am I working against the current? Will it be good for us, or will we face obstacle after obstacle until I get the picture that it was not the course of action we should have taken?"
Thank you for your help!

I think I would design a spread as Jema suggested or I would use the English spread since it reads for two possibilities. It basically gives you the chance to see what happens if you go left or go right.

One of my students uses this same spread as a past life reading. She is quite good at it.

http://www.anisoptera.com/tarot/1english.html is my page with the layout of the English Spread.

Belladonna

Yes, I see. But I think it might kill me if it looks like some other path is more the way to go! Especially since, at this point, it would take some serious effort to divine what that might possibly be! Thank you, I will try the pathways spread tonight.

Trogon

Belladonna said:
Yes, I see. But I think it might kill me if it looks like some other path is more the way to go! Especially since, at this point, it would take some serious effort to divine what that might possibly be! Thank you, I will try the pathways spread tonight.
So Belladonna.... what did your reading reveal?

alexisyael

not tarot related, just some advice since I made a similar long distance, cross-borders move: Go with your gut!

We have deep down affinities with certain places on this planet, and I strongly believe that if you move to where you have such an affinity, it will work out for the best.

I have also used the Celtic cross to look at moving; it's not terrible, but I agree, making your own spread is more worthwhile in this instance!

alexis yael

ArwenNightstar

Belladonna said:

Would love to hear what you decided. :) Moving can be exciting!