Crystal Study Group: Red Jasper

wildchilde

I started using this one because I am doing the online crystal class and we are working through the chakra system; I feel like the first stones I used brought my system more into alignment and helped prepare me for this work.

The first thing I noticed was that I am craving salt really badly. So much so that I even walked to the corner store yesterday (where I never shop) to get some salty peanuts because the roasted and salted sunflower nuts I had just weren’t enough. ;) I also noticed that my back was not really hurting when I woke up, maybe a one on the 1 to 10 scale.

I called my parents with the stone right beside me and I did not get emotionally upset or feel drained during our conversation which is something that normally does happen when trying to communicate with them. At one point later in the night I did start to feel a bit sick and drained, but then I realized the black obsidian “alien man” was still sitting out and after I put him away I felt much better so I don’t think that was related to the Red Jasper.

Early this afternoon I went to the beach with a blanket and two books and completely did not feel guilty or like I “should” be doing other (more productive) things. Although I left the Red Jasper in my crystal bag in my purse locked in the car, I feel like it was working with my energetic system as I spent the entire 2 hours at the beach preparing in my mind to get off my duff and start offering Reiki classes again. I have been thinking of this for a while, but just haven’t been motivated to make it happen. But I got so inspired today, not only was I visualizing what people might be interested in the class, but how to go about finding more students and setting a tentative date. I have only lived here about a year and don’t know very many people so even thinking seriously about this is a huge step for me to get back into the teaching aspect of Reiki. And it’s also a huge step making “plans” in my head about this since my own Reiki Master now lives several states away and I wouldn’t be able to “lean” on her expertise as much as I have in the past for carrying a class.

I read in Judy Hall’s book that Red Jasper helps with dream recall so I am going to try sleeping with it tonight as I haven’t remembered my dreams lately so I am curious as to what is going on in the dreamtime. I tend to go through cycles with dreams so I haven’t been too concerned but I am curious what I am dreaming about right now that I am not remembering.

Padma

That is very interesting, WildC! Also, Red Jasper is the recommended stone for people who have to deal with any kind of emotional manipulation or emotional bullying, even on a subtle level - perhaps that was why it was easier to speak with your parents when it was beside you :)

It is also meant to help with arthritic and rheumatic pain, maybe that is why your back is not overly bothering you...

It is also protective against psychic attack, and it is recommended that you wear a few tumblestones on your person when doing any kind of spirit work (like Reiki) . The empowerment that goes with this stone is "I am a high achiever". ;) good for success!

In my Crystal Bible (Cassandra Eason) it says this stone can help you to make a deep and powerful connection when contacting earth spirits and guardians of the sacred sites. Very useful!

Hiding in Shadows

I have found it to be a great protective and energetic stone. It shines up really well and is so pretty. For me, it removes headaches as well.

DownwardSpiral

OMG : ) I have red jasper : ) LOL I did try sleeping with it in my pillow one night because I too had read it's good for dream recall...but no dream. But I think you have to give it a few days to work. Anyway I'll watch this thread with interest and at some point I'll spend some time with my red jasper and share here as well : )

wildchilde

Hi H.I.S. I see you live up to your name (hehe); thanks so much for posting and I hope you will post more about your crystal experiences!

D.S. I hate to admit it, but I was so tired I completely forgot to put it in my pillow case last night. It was on the table next to the bed, though, so hopefully it was close enough. But, alas, I did not have any dream recall at all when I woke up this morning. :(

I am studying many stones right now, and moving fairly quickly through each one with plans to come back and do more intensive studies once I have become acquainted with each one, so everyone please feel free to jump in to any thread at any time with your own experiences. I feel like that is the whole idea behind starting the study group, so we can all share and learn from each other at our own pace.

DownwardSpiral

I am studying many stones right now, and moving fairly quickly through each one with plans to come back and do more intensive studies once I have become acquainted with each one, so everyone please feel free to jump in to any thread at any time with your own experiences. I feel like that is the whole idea behind starting the study group, so we can all share and learn from each other at our own pace.

Yes, Yes, And yes : ) I would love to find a stone that not only gives me great dream re-call....I want to dream in color!!!!!!

Padma

Hi H.I.S. I see you live up to your name (hehe); thanks so much for posting and I hope you will post more about your crystal experiences!

D.S. I hate to admit it, but I was so tired I completely forgot to put it in my pillow case last night. It was on the table next to the bed, though, so hopefully it was close enough. But, alas, I did not have any dream recall at all when I woke up this morning. :(

I have been moving too quickly through my own stones, I find - please give yours time to work ;) I will be doing the same lol! A few days is not enough for the stone to tell all it knows - though of course, if it irritates or you feel drawn to another stone, that is understandable. Also yes for sure, we are all meant to post in each other's threads - a study is a study, no matter who is doing it; and as we all see things differently, and have different experiences, it is good that we all share :)

wildchilde

Yes, Yes, And yes : ) I would love to find a stone that not only gives me great dream re-call....I want to dream in color!!!!!!

hmmm, well that's interesting. I would think a third eye stone would help you with this. Have you always had this issue? I have dreamed in color and technicolor as well all of my life. It never occurs to me that other people do not. curiouser and curiouser ;)

Lotus Padma said:
I have been moving too quickly through my own stones, I find - please give yours time to work I will be doing the same lol! A few days is not enough for the stone to tell all it knows - though of course, if it irritates or you feel drawn to another stone, that is understandable.

oh, I completely agree that a day or two is not enough for the stone to tell all...as a matter of fact I don't think a century or two would cover it! LOL But I actually have a method to my madness and I would not expect everyone else (or anyone else) to approach the crystals in the same way. I am listening though to when the stones are ready to "release" me on this "first round". Just think of my approach like speed dating with crystals. :p

lalalibra

In my experience, red jasper has been really helpful for me in a variety of different ways. One thing it surprised me with: bringing to light repressed anger. Lately, I sleep with a heart-shaped piece of polished red jasper underneath my pillow. One morning, I took it out from under my pillow and I was holding it. I ended up falling asleep again with it still in my hand (my right hand), and I was clutching it the whole time because I woke up with it still firmly in my grasp. And let me tell you - I had the most intense nightmare! (and yes, I do cleanse my stones). But see, it wasn't a "bad" nightmare nor impossible to make sense of, and nightmares can be very healing to experience if interpreted through such intentions... So, it was the kind of nightmare full of my own "inner-demons," things that had bothered me from my childhood, things which I felt powerless and unable to process well at the time, but which had set off certain patterns created in response to moments of feeling very insecure and of being ostracized/attacked.

...This made sense to me, as red jasper corresponds to the root chakra in particular, and anger may come about as a fear response to a perceived threat to one's safety and security. Working with it has helped me to face certain aspects of my past which had hindered that feeling of security and confidence - but specifically in the way of feeling secure in being alive, in being here in this body on this planet, in this life, at this time under the current and perpetually shifting circumstances... like feeling it's okay to truly be myself and on my own path...

...I heard someone say that while rose quartz brings the energy of "you are loved," red jasper brings the energy of "you belong." That has been true to my experience as well. It is indeed very heart healing to me, but it in a way that feels more grounding to me than rose quartz does, which is important if there is any anger toward a particular injustice or in being bullied/victimized. Going beyond emotional release, it has helped to process these things on a more psychological level, bringing calm and restoring one's ability to deal with it.

It has also been a very grounding stone for me and has helped me to deepen an awareness of the inherent connection we have to nature in being a part of the Earth, and finding serenity through that belonging. This can be known and felt without the stone of course, but there is a feeling of wonder to be found in response to that fact; to actually feel it and experience it. It is incredibly important, and depending on our circumstances, it is something that we can become starved of if we do not take the time to nurture it through our awareness. Having it in my pocket while out in the city, I found myself feeling so in awe of the trees and their energy, which brings a great deal of comfort for someone like me who really misses being out and about in raw nature more often.

What a lovely stone red jasper is! I've found it to be a stone that is excellent to have by my side, and helps me to bring about very subtle yet deep changes. It's stable, like a shoulder to lean on during the more difficult times of healing and in moving forward but with the strength of patience and perseverance.

All of this is what I can say about it after having it around me and working with it for about a month and half. Without a doubt, I'm sure there is far more to be said about this stone! I had gotten it with the intention of bringing in more energy that is supportive of boosting my physical energy and vitality, but it has ended up being quite the heart healer for me.