What house is law issues in?

Ace

I don't do astrology. But when I read tarot, I like to use a Horoscope spread (12 cards in a circle) that can cover most of a person's life. Lately, I have had people ask about legal issues. Looking to see what the judgement in a case will be or just to ask about what is happening in their legal problems.

My question: which house includes legal issues?

Thanks in advance of your answers.

barb

Ace

thank you, Padma! That link is hugely helpful. It makes a lot of sense of things that I have never understood: how the 6th house could be health AND service/work. Now I get it. And I see where law goes too.
barb

Padma

Glad I could help, Ace :)

Minderwiz

I don't do astrology. But when I read tarot, I like to use a Horoscope spread (12 cards in a circle) that can cover most of a person's life. Lately, I have had people ask about legal issues. Looking to see what the judgement in a case will be or just to ask about what is happening in their legal problems.

My question: which house includes legal issues?

Thanks in advance of your answers.

barb

Whilst Law as a the legal system of a country is indeed ninth house, a legal case is different. If your sitter is involved in a case, either as the defendent in a criminal case or as the planitiff or the defendant in a civil case) then he or she takes the first house, their opponent (the prosecution in a criminal case, or the other party to a civil case) takes the seventh house. The counsel for the sitter, is second house, the counsel for the other party is eighth house, and the judge is the tenth house. who will win is decided by looking at which side is stronger (the house rulers in terms of essential and accidental dignity)and any predisopositions that the judge may have (the same for the ruler of the tenth). The result of the case is fourth house (the essential and accidental dignities of the ruler of the fourth).

Padma

Oh, wow! Thanks for that additional info, Minderwhiz. :) I have an overall view of astrology, and didn't know enough to break it down in such detail!

Astraea

Legal matters can be quite tricky. The judge enforces the law, and as such he is a 10th house figure (representing the government), but the jury decides many cases and the judge rules only on the sentence. Anthony Louis and Lee Lehman give the jury to the 11th house, because they are advisors (second from the 10th) to the judge - that is, they determine guilt and the judge sentences the defendant on the basis of the jury's decision. A bench case is one in which the judge is the deciding party (no jury is involved), and then he is the determining factor. The Moon (significator of the public) is sometimes assigned a role as coruler of the jury.

Edited to add: This thread calls to my mind a complicated horary chart for a client facing a jury trial. The judge was not favorably inclined toward the defendant (my horary client), and would most likely have thrown the book at him - but the jury (11th house) were sympathetic overall, and determined that my client was guilty only of one of the lesser offenses. The judge delivered the harshest of penalties permissible within the parameters of the lesser offense. One of the jurors stated after the trial that he believed my client had had ineffective assistance of counsel, and indeed the relationship between the defendant (1st house) and his attorney (2nd house) was not a happy one. There was a great deal going on with such factors as reception and retrogradation, too. As in health matters, legal issues can vary from cut-and-dry to incredibly tangled. And much depends on the particular legal system and jurisdictions involved, which vary considerably from country-to-country.

Padma

I did not realize it was so complicated. Isn't astrology amazing though, in its breadth and scope. So detailed!

I know for myself, a general outline of the houses suffices for astrology wheel/annual readings with the tarot; however, to answer questions with/via astrology, I see that one needs a *very* detailed understanding of it.

Astraea

I did not realize it was so complicated. Isn't astrology amazing though, in its breadth and scope. So detailed!

I know for myself, a general outline of the houses suffices for astrology wheel/annual readings with the tarot; however, to answer questions with/via astrology, I see that one needs a *very* detailed understanding of it.
Yes, astrology is indeed amazing! Sometimes the answers to horary questions are clear as can be - at other times, a chart can require many hours of study (and further interviews with the client) to be sure that all the angles have been covered. But even then, the chart will show you where the complications lie. It's really something to see all of that play out. Nervewracking sometimes, too!

Ace

Thank you all for the information. I think the best reply was still the first: Padma and the 9th house. I have people who are in lawsuits or legal trouble ask me, and I think I would look in a reading for them to the 9th house. And sometimes the 8th house--looking for repayment or money owed them.

barb