Does anyone know of this smaller Hanson Roberts?

Asher

I have one...

with the playing card symbols. On the back is an advertisement for a local (now closed) metaphysical shop. From what the owner told me, they were made as give-aways to publicize the shop.

Asher

karen0205

The deck I have is advertising a Web Design company.
thanks for the info!

devonian

I have One !

I know this is an old thread but I just found it.I have the custom version but the backs of mine are blank. I got it from the owner of The Magickal Childe in 1984 I think. He said it was special. Never have seen another. I have the original box. It is gray and black with 2 oval windows and just marked "Deluxe Playing Cards". I am curious how many there are too since SRK himself says it "was not readily available" So for it to be a give away/store promo with hundreds of copies doesnt make sense to me. It would be a very expensive giveaway. Even though it looks sort of green in your pics, my cards are cream white with gold on the backs. Think you have a rare item.

karen0205

I don't think they are valuable unless you are a big collector of that particular deck.
It's not a deck that is sought after, it's being reprinted over and over. The market
is kind of flooded with Hanson Roberts decks. It's probably worth something, if you
advertised it as a special printing that was a rare item, which they are. I can't imagine
them bringing a high price though. Unfortunately, the deck is normally small so a smaller
version isn't a huge deviance from the regular printing. If you had a pocket version of the
Druid Craft or another large deck, that might be more interesting to collectors. The small
version of the Hanson Roberts isn't much smaller than the original.
It's a great pocket deck though.

FallynRaiyn

I don't know that this is it, but i know there was a key chain version printed, with really tiny cards in a plastic case.

karen0205

I don't know that this is it, but i know there was a key chain version printed, with really tiny cards in a plastic case.

The key chain version is the Universal Waite deck. This deck is the Hanson Roberts.
The key chain deck is surprisingly easy to read the cards. Even though they are small
the cards are easily read. I think I still have one of those around here.