Tarot Deck Pricing.

DownUnderNZer

Thanks everyone...appreciated.

Didnt realise they had printing problems with it.

I did look on Amazon for some other tarot actually which started at $20 right through to the hundreds, but then I realised it wasnt the deck itself....but the accompanying book!

Ebay I saw a ridiculous price for the gilded reverie recently, so am hesitant when I know that sold at around $40.

Might see if a third edition comes out as it is on the website.

Thanks! :)

karen0205

Did you try the trading forum? You might be surprised and find someone who just
didn't really like the deck and would trade.

They had horrible printing problems. I bet they lost almost a third to a half of the decks printed.
So many cards were damaged from the printer. It was a shame.

DownUnderNZer

Actually someone pmed me, but wanted to know my offer.

Dont know what edition though, but I want the 2nd. And how would one know if it is piratted? Read that on my search for this deck. Didnt know that happened.

DownUnderNZer

They had horrible printing problems. I bet they lost almost a third to a half of the decks printed.

Shame for such an exquisite deck ..

They didnt sell these defected did they?

gregory

As far as I know they pulped the defective ones.

As I have been cited here - I will say my piece. Which is that no, there is no "central source of info" on this stuff. There cannot be; anything is worth what someone will pay for it at any given time. Someone here suggested trying to set up some kind of Tarot Blue Book - but you just cannot do it. Not least because there will always be generous people who will sell something to you because you want it, or who have made a super find in a used bookstore and are not out to make a profit - that I've done myself - when I find decks in our local store, I have TRIED telling the owner how much he could get on ebay, and he says he can't be bothered. So I buy them and offer them up here for pretty much what I paid - why would I not ? I don't look to make money from them; I buy them because I remember seeing an ISO and so on.

Equally there are insane prices on ebay - there is that Golden Vic Rom that started out at £650 - no takers; it has been being relisted regularly since it first went up several months ago and is now, I think, down to £550 - still no takers. Just as with antiques - the price is always what the market will bear, and there are still always bargains to be found.

You can't name a price, only the last price something went for. Post an ISO in trading; that's what I'd do. You never know your luck.

The second edition is on ebay right now for £98, if that is any use to you. The first too - but for $180 AUS.

Pam O

I suggest an ISO on the trading thread. Then you can see what people offer you. Often people here at Aeclectic offer decks for far less than the "real world" because AT is such a special place. For example, I have an extra deck, and I would be up for trading it with someone who has another OOP deck that I am interested in. Also, if you make things, often people love trading for hand made creations...

You have nothing to lose posting an ISO, and you never know what you might end up manifesting. :bugeyed:

Good luck & BEST WISHES! :)

a*weaver

I suggest an ISO on the trading thread. Then you can see what people offer you. Often people here at Aeclectic offer decks for far less than the "real world" because AT is such a special place. For example, I have an extra deck, and I would be up for trading it with someone who has another OOP deck that I am interested in. Also, if you make things, often people love trading for hand made creations...

You have nothing to lose posting an ISO, and you never know what you might end up manifesting. :bugeyed:

Good luck & BEST WISHES! :)

YES, absolutely. I found a Victorian Romantic Mini & Bohemian Gothic Silver at *very* fair prices through the trade forum. Plus it just feels good to keep these treasures "in the family".

DownUnderNZer

Thanks Karen, Pam O and Gregorry...

Alot of valid info.

Was thinking if stamps can be collected and stamp catalogues made available with the values put in especially of collectable mint condition ones why not tarot? But I spose a different kettle of fish.

Thanks for all the advice....means alot. Will consider the ISO thing...which I think I just worked out it means In Search Of....:)

DownUnderNZer

YES, absolutely. I found a Victorian Romantic Mini & Bohemian Gothic Silver at *very* fair prices through the trade forum. Plus it just feels good to keep these treasures "in the family".

Good to know, but would love to know what a fair price is....

But must depend on the market and what is in demand at the time.

Thanks. :)

Sulis

Actually someone pmed me, but wanted to know my offer.

Dont know what edition though, but I want the 2nd. And how would one know if it is piratted? Read that on my search for this deck. Didnt know that happened.

Please DO NOT arrange to buy a deck that is expensive and sought after by PM - keep it in Trading.
Tarot Trading is in the subscriber only section because for a time when it was not, a few people got ripped off badly by people looking to see what people wanted and sending them PMs then took their money and disappeared. One person was even sent a tracked, empty package. Not everyone is who they say they are on the internet. If someone has bought a subscription then they have a Paypal account and Solandia has their name etc on file.. Remember that anyone can sign up to the non-subscriber forums so can use the PM system.