Grand Ellessia Tarot of Aisselle Gabegie

gregory

OctavaSpera said:
EDIT: Hmm, I guess dpi all depends on how large you want the finished card. That's something that should be discussed for the Grand Ellessia. Do we want 2 inches x 2 2/3 inches (600x800)? Or the more standard 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches?
I repeat. For printing IT MUST BE AT LEAST 300 dpi. No matter WHAT the size of the card. That is the resolution, NOT the card size.

PEN !!!! HELP !!!!

OctavaSpera

:D I'll shut up about dpis and look for a way to post my Page of Goats sketch

EDIT: Digital camera is no good. Very blurry. But here's my 10-minute sketch of the
Page of Goats: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5350/pagegoatssketch1.jpg

The goat needs more work. I wanted it to be a baby goat, but maybe I could add real horns and call it a dwarf goat. Is this also too close to RWS? I should get more creative. Thought about walking a goat on a leash.

Pen

Catching up -

Gregory is right, the image must be scanned in at 300dpi resolution - the pixel x pixel size and/or card size isn't the issue.

And as she said, using stock images can work well. The card can be made in a proportionally larger size than the finished card, and scaled down when completed.

Whether or not we're going to use Gamecrafter, we should specify the size early on. I'll look into it, but have been busy for the past few days.

Re. borderless cards - good, but one has to remember that about 3mm will be cut from each edge of the image you submit if it's already sized to the finished card size. This process can be deceptive, because if you're working in a larger format to be sized down before printing, proportionally more has to be allowed for.

I'll post a list soonish.

gregory

OctavaSpera said:
:D I'll shut up about dpis and look for a way to post my Page of Goats sketch

EDIT: Digital camera is no good. Very blurry. But here's my 10-minute sketch of the
Page of Goats: http://i.imgur.com/NEJMf.jpg
Link don't work :(

EEK and when you try a google on it you get "naughty girls" and stuff...

Pen

Info and Card List

Moved to Post #1 in thread.

Pen

OctavaSpera

gregory said:
Link don't work :(

EEK and when you try a google on it you get "naughty girls" and stuff...
Thanks for telling me, I better get rid of that link and use a different site then! (the sketch is not worth looking at anyway). It's strange. I was using this imgur site without problems on the Identify the Deck game, now it's showing naughty girls??? I know Aisselle's naughty, but this is going too far!

Try this: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5350/pagegoatssketch1.jpg

gregory

The Prairie Tarot of Robin Ator was printed there. It's OK :thumbsup: Not GREAT quality but perfectly acceptable.

But he does understand bleeds and that (as do I which is why I am slightly apprehensive here... people need to realise that you CANNOT put the VITAL bits at the very edges... :D)

I will take some cards - after I finish the ones I am already committed to !

Are we limiting, like - er - that other place, Pen ;) - as in one major only per person, and so on ?

Nice page :D

Pen

I think we should limit it to 1 major and maybe 1 or 2 minors to begin with. We can always fill in later if need be. There are so many more people here than there...:)

What do you think?

Re. the vital bits, the whole bleed question is very clearly explained in the video.

The fact of the matter is, that when there's no border, you're going to lose some of your image. You paint/make it allowing for losing a certain amount from the edges. So keep all the important stuff within the safe area.

Un-numbered majors?

Pen

OctavaSpera

Now that I have gregory's seal of approval on my artwork (or she's just being kind to me :D) and we can choose cards, I'll take on the Knight of Goats, please! I'm leaving the Page behind for now, I'm not sure I can handle my own baby goat concept very well.

Instead of copying RWS I'm now being inspired by the Magical Forest. Same card, different characters. A frontal shot of a goat charging at you, with a helmeted knight riding it.

The last suggestion I'll make for a while here (I promise!) is to edit the first post and keep the card list up there so it's easy to find. I can't believe we're actually getting serious about this project. Thanks!

gregory

goldenweb said:
I think we should limit it to 1 major and maybe 1 or 2 minors to begin with. We can always fill in later if need be. There are so many more people here than there...:)

What do you think?

Re. the vital bits, the whole bleed question is very clearly explained in the video.

The fact of the matter is, that when there's no border, you're going to lose some of your image. You paint/make it allowing for losing a certain amount from the edges. So keep all the important stuff within the safe area.

Un-numbered majors?

Pen
YES unnumbered majors. Maybe she should post her views on the 8/11 thing... :D

By the way - DO we put our own titles on ? I vote yes. But if not - who is going to do those + lining them up ?