what doesn't work for you

Elven

Meteorite *shudder* extremely powerful when worn close to the body *ack!!*

RedRobin

Charoite

I don't actively work with Rose Quartz, and have never been drawn to it either. I do keep a heart shaped piece on my alter, though.
Rhodocrosite is my favorite for pink pastel-ish stones. Anything opalescient, yellow, purple, green or black are stones I wear alot of but not all at the same time :)
As you mentioned, turquoise and other copper ores feel "uncomfortable" perhaps is the word. I can't put my finger on why exactly either.. Just seems the the wrong vibration at this time.

Charoite is an all time favorite. If you aren't familiar "google" it. Ran across it at a local mineral shop and find it's complex and rare nature to be extremely powerful in healing and meditation.

Selenite is another great mineral I have been working with alot more lately. Excellent for grid work.
Namaste, Robin

sharpchick

It makes sense to me that I am drawn to darker stones, probably something subconscious that knows my type A, whirling dervish personality needs some grounding.

Sometimes, the lighter stones make me jittery. One reason to always keep a handle on those for me, and use them for specific intentions. Since I have started making jewelry with gemstones, I have found many people drawn to darker stones. I have to wonder if that is an after effect of our dizzying, busy world. My personal favorite combinations are jet and amber, and picasso jasper and hematite.

Briar Rose

I love them all. When I go to the gem and mineral shows, I love them all.

ravenest

Diamond.

Can't wear it anywhere on my body below eye level.
LOVE it on my 'third eye' though.

Sophie

ravenest said:
Diamond.

Can't wear it anywhere on my body below eye level.
LOVE it on my 'third eye' though.
Oh, that's alright, ravenest - you can give me any spare diamonds you have. They are a girl's best friend, I'm told, and a girl can't have too many friends :D

(casually putting out her hand for ravenest's diamonds)

wizzle

I"m glad to see I'm not the only person who doesn't like rose quartz and the copper based stones. Phew!!

Wumpkie,

Didn't mean to ignore your question about my comment on jaspers. I just haven't been on line much of late. When I said one shouldn't dismiss jaspers too quickly, I had in mind that the range of jaspers is remarkable and not well explored metaphysically, imo. Most of the info/advice seems to be focused on the more common red/earth tone jaspers. But this is a remarkable group that includes a stone I find absolutely stunning both visually and metaphysically, namely, ocean jasper. It's truly a combination of earth and water in one stone.

Another jasper I have which intrigures me is poppy jasper. I haven't worked with it much, but it seems a very happy stone. And my plain old breciated jasper is so so wonderful just to fall back on. Never needs "cleansing" or anything fancy. It's just "there" and clears me after I hold it for a moment or two. How much better does it get??

ravenest

Fudugazi said:
Oh, that's alright, ravenest - you can give me any spare diamonds you have. They are a girl's best friend, I'm told, and a girl can't have too many friends :D

(casually putting out her hand for ravenest's diamonds)

No way baby!

What about that ruby ? AND the engagement?

Then you run off to S.A. and plan to marry someone else and THEN you want a diamond off me?

Some women !

wumpkie

I thought I might bring this thread back into the light.

I was looking in the gem shop, (I had an excuse my dentist is near by and I wanted to cheer myself up, as you do :D) I thought to myself I will buy myself another piece of jewellery. I looked at the amber and my word, 'ack' (to quote elven :) ) and 'keep it away' were the first things that I felt when I saw them. Luckly enough the amber jewellery is kept to a seperate section so it didn't disturb my shopping, but still, I don't like to really look at it.

Amber is supposse to boost energies and generate enthusiasm and sharpens the thinking process. I'm wondering that because I'm extremely enthusiastic, as many people, I'm sure, would love to calm me down (work colleagues :D) and my mind goes a mile a minute.
So I guess I am repelled away from the amber as I would imagine gives me an overload, hence the 'keep it away from me' syndrome

I bought a Malachite pendant in the end. A crystal a day keeps the dentist away :D

Briar Rose

Diamonds don't get me too excited. Weird for a girly girl to say.